Ugh need pro advice! Wtf is it with this axe edit to Mac problem?!?

Billbill

Power User
Omg wth is this, it's so darn irritating. Every time I go to jam that means turning my AxeFx on then off at least twice sometimes 3 times because axe edit says *unknown device* -version info couldn't be queried".
I went into the editor and deselected all the ports and reselected them and yet this issue seems to be more persistent than my xwife. The axe FW is 6.03 and editor I think is 3.12.3. Can't update yet until I get more comfortable AxeFxing so when the s**t hits the fan tonewise, I'll know my next move!
I've done much research on my aforementioned problem, but haven't come up with anything that doesn't fall completely off topic after 1 page lol. Will someone of the Cliff @Admin M@ Army please give me an idea of what to pick at here?!? I know these constant power ups/downs, over time, cannot be good for my fourth baby! Thank you, and good morning, and sorry for the shitty grammar!
Billbill

Sorry, I know it must be a pain the the ass to hear ppl ranting about issues with whatever, but all I'm looking for is support so I can get better at this thing then get an Axe3!

You should update. No sense get used to an old Firmware just to have it change when you eventually update.

- Tried other USB cables?
- Mac: USB-A or USB-C port?
- USB cable is not too long?

I would launch Axe Edit first then power up the AxeII.

I launch Ax8 Edit first.....then power up the Ax8.

- USB cable is not too long?
This was my issue when I was having issues a while back. I had a 5 meter cable and it glitched a lot. Removed that and moved closer with a 2 meter cable and have had no problems since with any cable that length.

I know others say they use them with no issue, but my experience with 2 longer cables has been spotty, inconsistent performance.

Reactions: Ole
Just do the update. It's pretty painless. I updated my firmware in literally less than an hour from the time I got my II from the UPS truck. (Used unit.) I think it had rev. 4 firmware in it when I got it, and I did nothing but check and see that it was working before I updated it to Quantum 9.04.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems.

Can’t help thinking that updating every part of your system – the Mac OS, the Axe firmware, USB drivers and all other associated software – would make a huge difference in how smoothly everything runs.

If your Mac is living in the past (like your Axe is) that could be a very significant part of your problem. I’m not trying to be catty… but there’s a reason why all this stuff evolves over time, and there are great benefits that come with keeping up with the changes. Good luck – really!

The update takes less than 6 min from starting the backup to downloading the fw and installing.

The great thing is they are stand alone versions, not cumulative updates so you can always go back to any FW as long as you back up your presets and and also have the corresponding axe edit version of you want GUI editing.

I still go use pre quantum 17.03 for my covers band presets all the time.

Back
Top Bottom