Wish UD Rep Pedal...

BaronVonGrim

Power User
This would probably solve my problem much easier.
I dont need to wish for looper to have a speed control while keeping the pitch. Something overly complicated. I 3as going to lay down the rhythm track. I'll just use the phone input into the axe and the FC foot controller and slow down the actual song..or backing track.

It's not DAW... since this is a pedal. To you DAWinist.

Like any other pedal wish... they say... you dont dont need that pedal...its already in the box.

I dont have a problem buying this pedal....to support this young man and his creative idea...in fact I prefer it. But it is still a wish because I decided not to buy anything ever again...just the axe3..

Would this thing work with the 3? Its not a DAW, but it accepts pedals, and accepts my phone. Can I breach this gap with the axe?

You guys might as well just do this yourself... cool... your cool... I'm cool, we recall cool

Not sure what you're wishing for exactly here, but just looked up this "pedal", and well, I'm not even sure you can reasonably call it a pedal... it's basically a USB input device with a few stomp switches that controls a Chrome or Safari extension that accesses basic youtube api features to set and in and out loop points (there are other extensions already that do this), and then makes use of youtube's .75x, .5x, .25x playback speed feature as it's "3 levels of speed" control... I mean, it's not an unclever idea, good on them for coming up with a product they can sell to people, but you could probably take an old computer keyboard, pull out all but 5 of the keys, get some sort of free software that lets you control macro actions with key presses, set the keyboard on the floor and step on the keys to achieve the same result ;)

"Would it work with the III?" Sure, if "work with the III" is defined as: "your computer audio is already coming through the III, so the youtube video you're currently watching would playback at .5 speed when you step on the speed switch", then yeah, don't see why it wouldn't work. However, the device wouldn't plug into the 3 and do anything if that's what you're asking. Honestly, doesn't look like that device will currently do anything except connect to a computer (it's USB only, so most tablets and phones are out) that can support browser extensions (so even if your phone has USB, i doubt it supports browser extensions, iPhone's definitely don't, android's might, but I kinda doubt it), and even then it looks like it only works with youtube and vimeo videos currently anyways.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that I could plug my phone into the axe, and sound would come out the FRFR speakers... no computer involved. I guess I need to figure out if that's possible, or if misunderstood.
I thought then maybe I could slow down then the speed of whatever is being played on the phone and thru the speaker.
I dont have wifi, or laptop... my desktop computer is not in the same room.
I'm better off using the computer and other programs like the Amazing Slow Downer. I'm trying to slow down things so I can practice.

Yeah, I'd think you could probably get your phone's sound through the III... like if you had a 1/8" stereo Y-splitter to 1/4" L/R adaptor, plugged the 1/8" end to the phone's headphone jack, plugged the two 1/4" plugs on the other end into Input 2 jacks on the rear of the III, and then added an IN2 block to the grid that you then connected to OUT1 (or whatever OUT# jacks are connected to your FRFR).

That being said, I'd probably just move the desktop into the axefx room, or the axefx into the desktop room... seems easier and more flexible in the long run to me ;)

This is old, but I just found this...

I saw the Vidami UD Rep Pedal for looping YouTube videos, etc. I thought OK, I'd buy that at $75 or less to support the makers. Went to the site and saw the price: $150. Nope.

You can accomplish the same thing in a couple of different ways. The first is less capable, and the 2nd is the most flexible...

Go to youtube and on a video page hit the question mark, and you'll see a list of youtube keyboard short cuts for all the function of this box and more. Everything EXCEPT the looper functionality. But that's easy (see below).

All the device is is a box with some footswitches and a keyboard encoder and a USB cable. And a browser plugin to get the loop feature and keyboard control of the loop.

1)You can mimic this with a USB keyboard encoder that allows you to customize buttons with software (i-pac is about $39), some arcade style buttons, and a box to put them in. The hardest part is the box. If you have the drill bit, a cigar box will work. Go to a cigar store and you can grab some for free. Drill the correct-sized holes for the arcade switches, inset them, plug them to the i-pac, and run the USB cable to your PC (IDK if the i-pac will work with a mac or not), assign the keys, and you're good to go. This is the cheapest route. It will cost maybe $60-65, including the right drill bit for the holes. THis gives you everything but the looper (see below).

2) If you have a midi pedal already (I have an old ART X-11 gathering dust somewhere), or can find one for cheap, then all you need is the following:
A MIDI to USB cable (like the FORE cable on amazon for $17)
PC - Midikey2key (Free) - http://75r.de/software/ or Mediachance.com's MIDI to keyboard software ($30)
Mac - MidiStroke software (Free)

Hook the midi controller to the USB to MIDI cable and plug into your PC or mac and load up the midi to keystroke converter software. From there you can program the keystrokes for each MIDI signal.

The only thing missing is the looper functionality (which is what the UD Rep browser plug-in is for). You can either use their plugin and figure out which keystroke combination triggers the looper function, or there are a handful of free chrome extentions that do the exact same thing. Then just map the Midi footpedal to the keystroke that the chrome plugin uses to set the loop start and end points, and you have everything you need.

If you already have a MIDI foot controller and a MIDI to USB device, you can basically do this for free.

The bonus of method 2 is that you can use ANY midi foot controller, and aren't tied to a single box, and you can use it outside of YouTube as well as you could use it to control keyboard shortcuts for your DAW or other software like your browser, email, whatever. It's a lot more flexible solution. Also, they pedal only offers 5 sec Ffwd and Rwd. Youtube also supports 10 seconds Ffwd and Rwd buttons, so you could map those in a MIDI pedal as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom