UBER patch with a couple of my IR's

schlagdog

Inspired
This is my main UBER patch that uses 2 of my IR's I did from my Randall Warhead cab through the power section of a Peavey XXX. This is the patch I did the killswitch reamp with a while ago. I never use any of the stock or redwirez IR's and just seem to only use the dozen or so I did myself. If you know anyone with a stash of cabs and amps like I have its well worth it to go use the IR capture function. It's monitored through Mackie HR824's and Sony 7506 headphones so you might need to adjust the hi and low on the cab block for you own stuff. I use them both cabs at once and just pan them up the middle because it mixes nice that way. I'm not sure if the IR's automatically transfer through the patch so I tried to include them. Let me know if it downloads alright since I seem to have all sorts of axe-edit issues.

Attachments

• UBER XXX IR.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 65
  • XXX V30 SM57 .syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 60
  • XXX V30 SM57 45'(2).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
schlagdog,

It works!:p

I was just able to download the Cab IR's and import them into Axe-Manage. I sent them to my first 2 User Cab slots. Then I imported the UBER XXX patch and sent it to my AXE II. The patch came up with 2 Cab blocks in series, the first is bypassed with Cab 030, and 033, and the second Cab block that is not bypassed with Cabs 031, and 032 in them, I just set those 2 to my first 2 user cab slots and it works great. The Input Gate Threshold was a little too high for my tastes at -59.5 dB, but I changed it to -68.7 and this preset with your cab IR's shreds very well. Nice work!

I have FBT 12ma's so its a little bright for me, and maybe lacking in the low end a bit, but that makes it a good lead patch, and will be solved by tweaking. I've been much too busy with work, and end up just going into virtual fractal land for a few hours every night and exploring. Of course I always end up finding my type of tones just using the stock IR's, but I can see now I'll probably be booking some studio time to get IR's of all the cabs at my favoirite studio (the only guitar speaker I own is a Reverend 10" in a fender princeton).:mrgreen

Cheers,
RJS

Well I tried to shoot it to my AXEFX2 through syx editor thing and none of it would load. Other peoples patches seem to shoot right to it but mine didn't work at all. The first cab block I have my Mesa IR's in and sometimes use those. The patch usually has a bit too much low end through my stuff so I dial it down. I guess that is the thing with the AXEFX though. Since everyone runs it through different monitors and headphones one mans patch that sounds amazing might be not so amazing through someone else's stuff. I download a few high gain patches on here and they sounded just terrible. I do alot through the Sony 7506 headphones since they are pretty much an industry standard in every studio and radio station. Then I hit the mackies and try and give it another go over. I have ton of speaker cabs and just recently sold a few amps and cabs I wish I had for 15 mins now to get some IR's. Every speaker cab comes out different through each amps power section you use also so it's pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom