UAD plugins

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone using UAD audio interface?
Just got one, and got a few coupons, so i want to spend them on some plugins.
Which are the ones that you bought and are happy with?

Edit:
these doesn't necessary have to be guitar related plugins.

if you want to have a UAD guitar sim, my fave by far is the Fender Tweed, but the Fuchs Train is also excellent.
Moog Multifilter
Korg SDD 3000
AMS RMX 16
API Vison Channel strip

I don't get it. If you've got a Fractal, why would you want UAD guitar sims? I have three UAD interfaces. I know. Weird. And I don't use all that many UAD plugins. Fairchild, LA2A. Sometimes Precision Mastering Limiter, though I only mix in the box when I've got to do a quick reference. The 140 Plate. That's about all I use.

The LN1176 compressor is a must. Other than that I recommend the Helios EQ (very musical), Sonnox EQs (very surgical, yet musical), Pullteq EQ, Fairchild Compressor (I use it for bass), LA-2A compressor for general leveling (I use it for vocals), LA-3A compressor (I use it for toms), Brigade Chorus, Cooper Time Cube, EMT 140 (great for creating space).
Another one worth mentioning is the MXR Flanger/Doubler which I use on the main vocal to "steroize" it.
Per general I think the compressors and EQs are what are way above the VST plugins, using the UAD ones for me make makes a big difference.

Last edited:
The Ampeg SVT bass sims sound killer going in and then put the DBX 160 on the channel on playback. The Fairchild 670 is a beast on a drum buss, Manley Vari Mu on a summing buss with a 610B on a master bus to breathe some analog balls into your track.

Last edited:
So many, but for some general colour the neve or ssl preamp/channel, for depth Ocean Way, for compression distressor.

For guitar, the Roland chorus boxes are great, and the korg delay.

Back
Top Bottom