UAD Luna

Really interested to hear your opinion, after a recent (brief) affair with Harrison MixBus - I’m back with Logic Pro (where I’ve been for years).

Luna is intriguing

I didn’t find a compelling reason to go with Luna over studio one or logic. It’ll be another DAW to learn (already dabbling in 3 different programs now). Interested to know what you think.

downloading now. been a logic user since version 4, so it'll have to be really great to totally make me switch. i'm interested to see whether i can use it for mastering. i did try harrison mixbus for a bit, but i just found it too confusing

downloading now. been a logic user since version 4, so it'll have to be really great to totally make me switch. i'm interested to see whether i can use it for mastering. i did try harrison mixbus for a bit, but i just found it too confusing

Same Logic experience for me (alongside quite a bit of PT).

I just found Mixbus to be really hard work for what I got out of it, it provides a very certain mixing experience - but honestly I found at the end using the excellent McDSP AnalogChannel (a classic for a reason) gave me the same sound in Logic with none of the compromises

I have just installed and tried to authenticate, but as usual, the Ilok implementation is a PITA. .. there are two separate authorizations required, I can only get one to register...but seem to be able to get it working. ..
Beyond that , it seems to have some potential, but I cannot yet figure out if there is a way as there is in Logic to get Aggregate Instruments involved in order to use the USB audio of the III and/or my Boss SY1000.....anyone get that going yet, or is it not possible to bring in /out audio outside of the Console....?

i don't think there's a way to use a different audio interface, or aggregate them. it's all tightly integrated with the UAD interface (i think)

so i just closed down the app and then opened it up again. it wouldn't authorize the oxide plugin, so i had to open up ilok manager and log in to activate my ilok cloud account. if i have to do this every time, it's deal broken. it takes forever for the ilok account manager to do anything. i'm not going to waste 10 minutes every time i want to open this thing up to faff about with another app.

I got the ilok authorized but then every time I launch I have the spinning beachball an never opens up. Have a note into their tech support.

i don't think there's a way to use a different audio interface, or aggregate them. it's all tightly integrated with the UAD interface (i think)

so i just closed down the app and then opened it up again. it wouldn't authorize the oxide plugin, so i had to open up ilok manager and log in to activate my ilok cloud account. if i have to do this every time, it's deal broken. it takes forever for the ilok account manager to do anything. i'm not going to waste 10 minutes every time i want to open this thing up to faff about with another app.
They updated the info on the UA website regarding the wonky I Lok , I’ve got it running smoothly now, and there may Be more that I like about this DAW than I l dislike, the MIDI implementation needs some work, but the monitoring and sound quality is, to my ears , a big step up, and the UI is pretty easy to get a hold of...still unsure if I would spring for the additional instruments, tho....we shall see.
I did , however , find a way to route USB audio Into LUNA from the III and the SY 1000, using a nigh miraculous app from www.RogueAmoeba.com , Loopback, which allows seamless rerouting of audio signals from literally all sources in/ attached to/ the computer . IMO well worth the investment in general, and seem invaluable in this case, i can send up to six audio signals to the Virtual channels in Console/Luna (each individual string from the SY 1000 or the USB signals from the III).

Having three layers of security on a free app is ridiculous though. You need one of their interfaces, an account with them and ilok. Surely the ilok is superfluous? Also, have you tried running it without an internet connection? You can't get past the login. Stupid if you have it on a laptop which you take somewhere to do some remote recording. I'm not impressed so far. Haven't really tested audio yet, because our internet is down and I can't open it

Anyone try it yet? I'm installing!!

I’ve spent some time with it. IMHO, Luna makes sense for one kind of person and one person only. If you spend a lot of time with the UA mix console and find it a pain to switch back and forth between it and your DAW, then Luna might have some appeal. Otherwise, there’s not much point to it.

When it will be at version 10 it probabbly will catch up, right now its just on infant stage. I see no point to use it, Im way faster on Ableton.

Back
Top Bottom