UAD Apollo Twin Aggregate

I came across a good deal on an Apollo so I picked it up...I may be going about this the wrong way, but my end goal is to record AXE and DI via the Apollo.

Gtr > Axe In > SPDIF out > convertor > apollo toslink in

I ran a guitar cable from L output 3 into the instrument jack on the apollo, adding the shunts/output on the layout.

Is there an easier way to get a DI using SPDIF?

I tried building an aggregate device. I can see inputs from both the apollo and the axe, but the DAW is recording click into the SPDIF input along with signal.

I'm at a loss.

If you correctly configured your axe and aggregate device, you should be able to feed a perfectly good DI signal via USB into your DAW, while simultaneously recording/monitoring a SPDIF wet signal .....don’t know that the deal is with the click.

I ran a guitar cable from L output 3 into the instrument jack on the apollo, adding the shunts/output on the layout.

Is there an easier way to get a DI using SPDIF?

I'm not sure if you want to run to the High-Z input on the Apollo since you also ran into the High-Z input on the Axe.

You could split the signal L/R over SPDIF and record mono amped and mono DI.

Otherwise, I might run the Out3 L signal into one of the combo jacks on the Apollo if you want to run analog in.

I'm sure someone on here will know about the High-Z question.

The alternative is to run an aggregate device and then select the USB inputs directly in your DAW.

I'm not sure if you want to run to the High-Z input on the Apollo since you also ran into the High-Z input on the Axe.

You could split the signal L/R over SPDIF and record mono amped and mono DI.

Otherwise, I might run the Out3 L signal into one of the combo jacks on the Apollo if you want to run analog in.

I'm sure someone on here will know about the High-Z question.

The alternative is to run an aggregate device and then select the USB inputs directly in your DAW.

I'll try splitting the SPDIF. I thought the aggregate device was the winner but I can't figure out why I'm getting additional sounds in the SPDIF track.

Where are you monitoring your click? You ought to have a choice of where the click is routed to. Seems like Axe is destination for click. Aggregate device isn’t problem. You have to route click to Apollo output, not Axe.

To record amp’d and DI, use Axe inputs...1/2 is amp output. 5 is DI.

** SOLVED **

Issue was the output routing selection for the aggregate device in the DAW.

It was set to OUT 1 OUT 2, changed to MON L MON R, no more click in the SPDIF track.

Back
Top Bottom