U2's The Edge plays through my Axe-Fx2

Although this is good stuff, and Vinnie isn't very polite about it, he has a point. This has nothing to do with the OP. That's the way conversations go, but maybe we could move it elsewhere. If there is something left to converse about?

I have no problem with all that. I realize a lot of Axe fx users are into Heavier music and different style guitar players. My point in my original post was 2 fold. U2 Edge like him, or dislike him.. uses multiple amps and a refrigerator size rack. He recently has jumped to the axe 2 in the last couple years and has replaced huge amounts of gear. I think that just shows How insane this unit is. It was of topic when Edge was feeling out the unit a while back. Both Edge and Dallas commented on my unit.

by the way If Bill Bailey had an axe2 he wouldn't have had that problem lol

Mick

Although this is good stuff, and Vinnie isn't very polite about it, he has a point. This has nothing to do with the OP. That's the way conversations go, but maybe we could move it elsewhere. If there is something left to converse about?

I didn't mean it to be impolite. How else would you say it?
Just thought it was a cool thread and it went way off. I know Mick has been doing this band since the HRI (hugeracksinc) days and I think it's really cool that Edge got up at their gig and used Mick's gear.

To me it was a very interesting conversation. i'd not heard of this conductor solution, I found it hugely iinteresting. To say it was going downhill is a negative connotation. That was a perspective I and apparently more of us didn't share.
But the conductor part was off-topic so that much we agreed on and it was in principle enough to ask for a move without calling our discussion "downhill".

Written word gets mistaken very easily. Especially with non-natives like me.

Anyway. Let's let it be.

Last edited:
FYI Ableton Live has a useful 'Tempo Nudge' functionality which is great for fine-tuning timing after using the tap-tempo... wish-list anyone?

https://www.ableton.com/en/products/controllers/apc40/tempo-control/

thanks. I also use Ableton Live 9 but never saw this. I think this nudge function only works when playing with a drum machine or with a drummer that uses a click. If the drummer slightly shifts tempo (what most drummers do) your 'nudging' all the time.

ok, back on topic now since not everyone is appreciating this click track discussion. Just having conversation that's all, sorry for starting it...:)

So, wait, The Edge is watching a U2 cover show, then storms up the stage and takes control of it without letting you guys know beforehand?

my brain is not sure if it should put that fact into the "cool" or "wow, such a self-centered dick" category...

Back
Top Bottom