U2's The Edge plays through my Axe-Fx2

Very cool!

Full Axe or only fxs?... Your patches or dialed by The Edge? direct with IRs or real amp+cab?

Lol, the ultimate nerd's response. :mrgreen Just enjoy that once in-your-lifetime moment!

Whilst this is cool for you.......you must be kind of bummed that it wasn't Adam and Larry that showed up instead! :mrgreen

I assume this is the story they told on the podcast U talking U2 to me? the latest one where they finally interview U2. Sounds like quite a surprise.
Almost as cool as when I saw Umphrey's Mcgee, they started playing Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins, and then drummer stopped, said he forgot how to play the song, and asked if there were any drummers that knew how to play it.. then out walks Jimmy Chamberlain and totally slayed the tune better than smashing pumpkins ever did. There's a lot of cool stories like this, i love em.

edit: if you don't know of the silly podcast U Talking U2 to me - it's actor adam Scott (from parks & rec) and comedian Scott Aukerman - they just talk BS for 1-2 hours.. but it finally got so big they landed an interview with u2... and they tell the story about meeting them, going to this party, a lot of cool info. use google, it's not hard to find.

Last edited:
Yes it was in NYC My band Unforgettable Fire was playing at a 20th anniversary for us and @U2.com when Dallas Edge and dam showed up. Dallas commented on my Axe2 rig and I told him how I use it. Edge played 2 songs Streets and Out of Control. The whole thing was a huge suprise and really fun.
I use my Axe2 like an effect processor so its essentially guitar/Axe2/Psionic modded vox ac30. I use the different drive blocks and delay blocks extensively.. Im really intrigued by the FX8 seems perfect for what I use it for.. Anyways I control my Axe 2 with a Liquid Foot Jr. pretty simple

Mick

It's so perplexing. At a small venue is such an expensive modeler necessary? Couldn't this have been with a 5150 half stack instead?

214906_artist.jpg

So damn cool! Congrats, Mick! This put a smile on my face today. Can't possibly be bigger than the smile you had that night though. :)

WWWOOOOAAAA!!!!

MikUF... sit down Man and write all the story!!! Full Axe or only fxs?... Your patches or dialed by The Edge? direct with IRs or real amp+cab?
C'mon Man!!!

I'm pretty sure I saw Edge hand Mick a thumb drive full of presets to study and Mick vowing to never disclose to anyone. :)

Awesome night for sure!

So, you don't use the amp sims at all? It is just a collection of stomp boxes and then it goes into the "guitar input" of an AC 30?

PS - I was following your youtube channel for about 1-2 years and watching your vids including the line6 M13, and I bought one after watching it. Then I saw your Axe FX videos and we traded a few emails about 3-1/2 years ago, and not long after the emails, I made that purchase as well. Really, you, more than any A-list artist, are responsible for exposing me to the Fractal, and convince me that it was too awesome to ignore. I didn't want to be left out. I never had the money to own a Member's Only jacket as a kid, or wear Izod shirts. But I have an Axe II....dammit!!!

Back
Top Bottom