U2's "One" Cover with Axe-Fx II v8.01a

Another video that proves that the digital world has caught up to the analog world. Just guitar and Axe II. Thx again, Cliff, for bringing us the Axe-Fx.

Awesome!

Edit: Sorry just realized you noted your setting s for rotary etc....thanks :) Excellent playing!

(Are you going to be sharing the presets....would love to try them :)

Thanks,
D

Last edited:
I know in the past you've done lots of tweaking in the advanced amp parameters to remove some harsh treble and stuff. Have you found with the latest firmware you don't need to mess with the advanced parameters as much?

Oh man, I'm going to have to dig into this and pick your brain! I'm on a U2 kick, always LOVED the Edge's playing and their music and I'm finally trying to learn their tunes. I'm posting a super quick demo (solo guitar) that I sent for a possible band audition using the "Streets" preset in the II with no tweaking. I think it's pretty close but needs some work. Your stuff however is awesome!

I know in the past you've done lots of tweaking in the advanced amp parameters to remove some harsh treble and stuff. Have you found with the latest firmware you don't need to mess with the advanced parameters as much?

I'm making few changes in each firmware update, but most of my previous changes remain. I'll post preset this weekend.

Oh man, I'm going to have to dig into this and pick your brain! I'm on a U2 kick, always LOVED the Edge's playing and their music and I'm finally trying to learn their tunes. I'm posting a super quick demo (solo guitar) that I sent for a possible band audition using the "Streets" preset in the II with no tweaking. I think it's pretty close but needs some work. Your stuff however is awesome!

Thx. I can post my latest Streets preset also this weekend. Here is my old cover using the Axe (but without Axe amp model - I was experimenting with the Liverpool at the time):

Thanks so much for all your videos and patches, I never imagined I could sound like The Edge and now I do thanks to your contribution. Your sound is GREAT, can't wait for your presets!

Back
Top Bottom