U2 Sounds - Edo´s Settings with Oh Justin York cab

Hubi

Experienced
Inspired from another Thread, where Edo posted his settings on the AC 30 TB, I tried it again and it works very well - even I got no mapleneck strat.

This is no special U2 Song, but I like the vibe of it.

Two guitars left and right, left with dimension chorus, right with the SDD Preamp for the "chaka, chaka " sound.
Both with the deluxe man delay.

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop by to say nice work, Hubi. This brought a smile to my face. And Edo's settings are just magical after all of the hard work he's put into it, and I can't wait to try them out as well. Time to fire up the ole Fractal. :)

Just wanted to stop by to say nice work, Hubi. This brought a smile to my face. And Edo's settings are just magical after all of the hard work he's put into it, and I can't wait to try them out as well. Time to fire up the ole Fractal. :)

Thanks for listening! It´s still your cab suggestions, which sound great with these voxamps in the axe.

I only changed Poweramphardness from 8.00 to 6.00, but that may depend on the guitar.

I´ve played it with my G&L Strat - Staufer PU, it´s only the Splithumbucker at the fourth postition on the strat, but it sounds very well.

But I´m interested at this The Edge Signature Strat, seems to be a good Mapleneck strat.
The Edge is not a fan of the C-Shapeneck, but he begins to like it (youtube video).

I like that breakdown at around 0:40 cool vibe on the whole track
Thanks! I´m not a songwriter, but I like to make "bigger picture", when I record some soundexamples.
It´s not easy to play on the beat with this 8-dote-delay, it begins to "swim" in the mix, if I´m not exact on the beat (sometimes you can hear it in my record :D).

Oh thanks for hearing and your opinion!
It wasn´t a big thing to do this - the amp sounded great at the first moment and the deluxe man memory does a great job in front of the amp.

Here´s the other thread with his settings, don´t know if Edo would like if i post this preset:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/u2-iris-hold-me-close.113221/page-2#post-1354494

Cab was the OH Justin York Vox with Speaker L C3SM 57 - 121.

Is that cab the 'in the cloth' cab? The in the cloth sounds very u2-ish imho. If not, try it ;-)

Is that cab the 'in the cloth' cab? The in the cloth sounds very u2-ish imho. If not, try it ;-)
What you mean is the SM 58 in the cloth or on the cloth. I´ve tried these both IR´s also very good, but the Mic-combination what I´ve used sounds better to my ears.......

Back
Top Bottom