AFIII U2 - "Pride (In the Name of Love)" Cover - Cygnus AC30 TB

I've been for a long time on this forum, but traffic is decreasing there. Seems that it does not get too much attention anymore. Maybe that's because you can buy all the presets from 3rd parties (Edo, others) and just need to finetune them. However, it's a great source, I agree.
thanks macky for you answer

A+ for execution and effort.

Vocals are pretty damn close to Bono. Guitars sound excellent. Well done.

If you can even do a reasonably decent job of nailing Edge's rig and overall tone, you've got a great ear and great equipment.

I'd say you nailed it.

A+ for execution and effort.

Vocals are pretty damn close to Bono. Guitars sound excellent. Well done.

If you can even do a reasonably decent job of nailing Edge's rig and overall tone, you've got a great ear and great equipment.

I'd say you nailed it.
The holy grail in this would be to model the sound of "Mysterious Ways" for which Edge uses a Korg A3 effectprocessor from the 80ties. It's the only edge sound that no one has really nailed so far (imho). At least not to the extent that you would get rid of the A3.

My band and I did this for some fun. All the guitars are Axe Fx 3, using Cygnus, AC 30 TB.

Thanks for posting the Pride preset, and the recording sounds great. I have a question I'm a little afraid to ask b/c I have to be missing something very, very obvious. On your DMM and 2290 delays, how do you get the L and R stereo (or dual mono) controls to appear on the "Time/FB" and the "Modulation" screens? Are you using a global block or a block sim on your end that isn't saved in the preset? I've only been able to show mono controls/settings. I am completely stumped. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting the Pride preset, and the recording sounds great. I have a question I'm a little afraid to ask b/c I have to be missing something very, very obvious. On your DMM and 2290 delays, how do you get the L and R stereo (or dual mono) controls to appear on the "Time/FB" and the "Modulation" screens? Are you using a global block or a block sim on your end that isn't saved in the preset? I've only been able to show mono controls/settings. I am completely stumped. Thanks in advance.
Thanks Glenn. I’d have to bring up the preset and have a look as it’s been a while. But I think you mean the stereo signal left and right pans of the delays? If you notice, one amp is panned hard left and the other hard right. Apologies if that’s not what you’re referring to.

Thanks Glenn. I’d have to bring up the preset and have a look as it’s been a while. But I think you mean the stereo signal left and right pans of the delays? If you notice, one amp is panned hard left and the other hard right. Apologies if that’s not what you’re referring to.
No problem. I wasn’t clear. I was asking about the controls on TC2290 block in your preset (delay 2). On 2 of the pages (I referenced above) there are left and right controls showing on your preset on the delay 2 block. This isn’t the default. The default is mono with mono controls. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to get those controls to appear if I were to create my own preset and drop the 2290 block in. I’ve scoured the manual and the wiki and can’t figure it out. The only thing I maybe came up with is that maybe you used one of those factory stereo delay sim blocks, and it didn’t transfer when I installed your sysex file.

No problem. I wasn’t clear. I was asking about the controls on TC2290 block in your preset (delay 2). On 2 of the pages (I referenced above) there are left and right controls showing on your preset on the delay 2 block. This isn’t the default. The default is mono with mono controls. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to get those controls to appear if I were to create my own preset and drop the 2290 block in. I’ve scoured the manual and the wiki and can’t figure it out. The only thing I maybe came up with is that maybe you used one of those factory stereo delay sim blocks, and it didn’t transfer when I installed your sysex file.
Gotcha. Ok I'll have a look at the preset again when I get home today and get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom