U2 Presets and Effect Models

Axeman, I tried your pre set listed on page 1 of this thread and although I Really like your tone and info/playing on the YT clips, this one sounded thin and nothing like the tone you have on YT. You did take the ice pick out but it seemed to have lost girth. I am using real cabs primarily and this may be the problem, but it would be nice to make it work. Ideas? Please post your pre set for bad or any others!!

This is the issue with the Axe in general. It's hard to share presets, especially if you are using them differently (e.g., I use cab models and you use real cabs, or you use totally different pups). The guitar pups matter a lot I think. I have Kinman Woodstocks in my Strat which I used to build my core amp model. So I based the tone off songs like Pride, ISHFWILF, Bad, Streets, etc. If I was to use my Explorer or Les Paul and use songs with this guitar to build my core amp model, I would probably come up with different parameters. But the Strat songs usually are cleaner so I think by using the Strat I get closer to the "real" tone. When I use an LP or other guitar, it's working well even though I used the Strat to build the model. Note my clip of I Will Follow. That's an Epi Explorer with Seymour Duncan pups. But same amp model I built with the Strat. All I did was change the delay and drive and it was perfect.

So it could be either your guitar pups or the live cabs. Turn on the cab model in my preset and use headphones. Is it better? If not, then it must be that the guitar pups you are using are very different. Only thing I can think of right now.

Axeman the headphones were a good call! Trying my passive atomic was not, the krk rokit monitors are close too. i found the streets factory keeps the girth with a little pre set with a peq at the start of the signal chain and a blocking at filter 5 kills the ice pick nicely, will post it in another thread.

That you Michael again for your tutorials and sharing these patches. I am still waiting for my Axe... In the meantime I will continue to play with guitar rig on my computer.

Well, Michael
For those who are on ULTRA..can you give us ISHFWILF preset ? we are so many..!!!
Thank you,so much !

How can I copy this file into my AXE edit or AXeFX? I just started using the AXE FX 1 week ago, and cannot seem to find an instruction about this in the manual. I have downloaded the file already but cannot open it. I guess I will have to import it from Axe edit, but don´t know how to do that. Thanks in advance.
Thomas

Axe-Fx II New Year's Day Preset

Here is my latest Axe II (firmware 4.01) preset for New Year's Day:

View attachment 8461

The new amp voicing is excellent. I like rock over vintage because it has slightly more mids (enhances quack tone for clean sounds).

A big thanks to all you guys who spend time developing these excellent presets and in addition sharing them with us. I am new to the Axe, love U2, and becomes like a kid in the candy store when any of you post new presets. Again, thanks a lot, and I hope that I in the future will be able to share back,

Has there been a "Bad" preset to Axe 2???

Has there been a "Bad" preset to Axe 2???

I was going to post all my presets a while back but I can't keep up with all the incredible firmware updates which require me to make small adjustments (not a complaints, it's worth the better quality). I'm refining Bad and others and will post them soon.

Michael

Have a Mysterious Ways patch for the Axe Fx II yet?

Here is my crack at "Mysterious Ways". You can see if it measures up to Axeman's
when he posts his version (this patch is now edited for 4.0 Firmware):

Attachments

• Mysterious Wahs v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 323
I was going to post all my presets a while back but I can't keep up with all the incredible firmware updates which require me to make small adjustments (not a complaints, it's worth the better quality). I'm refining Bad and others and will post them soon.

Michael

Most excellent, look forward to that :)

Hey man, I love U2 and I love the patches you have created thus far. Do you have or know how to get that sound featured on Elevation? Would really love that sound. Thanks

Hey man, I love U2 and I love the patches you have created thus far. Do you have or know how to get that sound featured on Elevation? Would really love that sound. Thanks

I haven't done a tutorial on Elevation yet, but I know the song and have a Kay Fuzz, which is the pedal you are referencing. I spent a couple hours last week modeling it. Smilefan has a good model of it also. I'll post mine when finished. It's a tough one to model. Kay Fuzz has very unique clipping and two notes interact with each other and accentuate the clipping (this is what I can't get in the Axe).

I haven't done a tutorial on Elevation yet, but I know the song and have a Kay Fuzz, which is the pedal you are referencing. I spent a couple hours last week modeling it. Smilefan has a good model of it also. I'll post mine when finished. It's a tough one to model. Kay Fuzz has very unique clipping and two notes interact with each other and accentuate the clipping (this is what I can't get in the Axe).

Here is my "Elevation" attempt. The fuzz models we have now need some work/upgrades to sound more
real world IMHO. This is the best I could do. There is a Filter Block at the start of the patch, which is
intended to be the foot pedal of the Kay fuzz. You have to change its Frequency controller from LFO2 to
Extrn 1 (or where ever you've got your footpedal assigned). Just the fuzz effect itself sounds fairly close.
Above the 12th fret you will hear the Kay's distinct 'octave up' overtones.

Attachments

• Orange Kay - Elevation.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 279
Back
Top Bottom