U2 Presets and Effect Models

Yeah, I've spent the last two years in the advanced menus on the older Axe, is 6.02 on the Axe 2 that good? I wouldn't mind hearing it in that case, will try to hunt down some clips.

If Cliff can get a truly great AC30 TB model then I'll be buying immediately.

Ah, I just noticed this is one of my older threads. Here is a great sample of my AC-30 model on Axe II with 6.02. Yes, it's a huge improvement over the Ultra. You have missed many upgrades in the Axe II.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/54418-more-great-ac-30-tone-6-02-a.html

The ac30 is not actually a class A amp, not sure why this is not widely known,
Also, since the amp models are based on the fractal simplified model of an amp (which is the sensible compromise these days, maybe full-on modelling will come in a few years), rather than valves and resistors, etc, you should not feel that it's wrong to change parameters that would be odd with a full model of all the amp components

Tweak away, and thanks to all like the posters here who put in the hours getting the best out of this kit

Just saw this for some reason, never said it was wrong - I said it was interesting.

On the other point while technically it is not a true Class A, it has no negative feedback which was the point (the amp model is interestingly called Class-A 30W TB).

Last edited:
Here are a few of my old Ultra presets. This should give anyone with an Ultra a good "U2 start." I can't guarantee they are the most recent versions, but they should be close to it.

I would focus on updating the amp models for your pups and for the latest firmware releases. Work on the clean AC30 tone first. Try to use the right guitar for the song (Pride, Bad, Streets, etc. = Strat in quack position; UTEOTW is LP in bridge position; WOWY is a HotRail bridge pup, etc.).

Here is a short clip of Mick's real AC30 that you can use to try to model this core "verge of break up tone":

View attachment 8556
View attachment 8557
View attachment 8558
View attachment 8559
View attachment 8560
View attachment 8561
View attachment 8562
View attachment 8563

Hi axeman would you be able to share streets patch for axe fx 2 ?,you're patches sound incredible
Regards

Michael, thanks for sharing your patches and your tutorials. They are outstanding! Because of your vids, I went ahead and bought the Axe II. Keep 'em coming!

Jason

Michael, awesome patches and tutorials man. Have learned a tremendous amount from you. Super appreciated.

My pleasure. So many people have helped me with the Axe and U2 stuff, so I feel it's my obligation to contribute back. Thx to everyone on this board. I have good ears and nice guitars. Now I need some of that raw, amazing talent that others have here, LOL.

Hi Mickael,
Thanks a lot for your videos, your hard work to tune really good tones and to share it ! It helps me a lot and save precious time when I have to do covers with my band. You have good ears, nice guitars... and a big heart : thanks again ;-).
Pierre

Looks like I'm joining the U2 group. With these great tutorials how could you not. Thanks for you hard work. I look forward to the 9.02b/10.0 settings. I copied the settings in your video but mine is clipping on a hard strum and I don't know how to fix it. :) I have tried all the other presets out there for streets but this one is by far the best minus the clipping. I'm using a strat with N3 pickups in #4 position. It's so close. The axe fx 2 is to powerful for a complete newbie(me). Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with pedals. much easier!

Looks like I'm joining the U2 group. With these great tutorials how could you not. Thanks for you hard work. I look forward to the 9.02b/10.0 settings. I copied the settings in your video but mine is clipping on a hard strum and I don't know how to fix it. :) I have tried all the other presets out there for streets but this one is by far the best minus the clipping. I'm using a strat with N3 pickups in #4 position. It's so close. The axe fx 2 is to powerful for a complete newbie(me). Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with pedals. much easier!

Where is it clipping? Input or output? Likely the output. Check all your volume levels across the preset (there are many). But most likely turn down the level knob in the amp model. Not the master volume but the LEVEL. See if that works.

Hi Michael, i am an addict of your tutorial site (much to my wifes annoyance).

i am looking forward to when your axe fx preset links go live.

Your site and tone was the reason i bought the axe fx in the first place (again much to my wifes annoyance):mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom