U2 on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight show.

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
Does anyone know if Edge used his Axe-FX last night on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight show? His guitar sounded really good on top of the Rockefeller building. The backdrop with the Empire state building behind them was gorgeous. Its great to hear a song that isn't dance related, for a change.

+1. Sound too good to be true. Just my op.

I really like Jimmy Fallon, thought that skit he did
with Springsteen was classic. I like Jay Leno too, but it's easy to see why Tonight grabbed
Fallon before somebody else did.

Last edited:
I love Fallon! He's fantastic, and seems like a down-to-earth guy. He grew a few towns from where I live now (not where I grew up). Several folks I know went to high school with him and said he was a nice guy then too. Love his Neil Young impersonations, and his history of rap stuff with the Roots and Justin Timberlake. And his thank you notes!

I also love Fallon. The dude is so gifted it's stupid. Singing. Dancing. Acting. And, of course, his comedic mind. I totally loved this:

What I don't get, though, are The Roots. To me it's like they're a rap band (weird, in itself, I guess) with like 15 people in it. If they got rid of that guy who did the irritating rapping, I'd like them a lot more. It's like that one guy guy is what reduces the whole unit to rap. Tuba? Forget it, it's rap with tuba. Etc. Some of their lead-in things remind me a bit of Zappa, oddly.

Great show. Best backdrop ever. High probability of pre recorded music with live lead vocal.

They made a point of playing live later in the show. Pro active spin control? No one has ever accused U2 of not being smart.

I just can't like The Roots no matter how hard I try. I just can't get past that terrible ping of a snare sound and the singer.

Back
Top Bottom