U2 - Mysterious Ways Clip

Try playing around with the settings in the filter block, that does a lot for the swoosh. That said - I have not nailed MW on the Axe FX yet. I know some guys are very close, but I gave up - even with a Rick 330/12 I was not close enough. Bought a Korg A3, and running it into the effects loop did it for me. Much closer now.

I also found that adjusting the pickup volume and tone from the guitar affects the swoosh and general sound quite a bit. It needs some experimenting to get close, as there are so many variables.

Last edited:
I have the exact sound in my Ultra, took a couple of hours but it sounds like the original, can check it out in the weekend and tweak it to AX8/Axe-fx if you want

@Bulk001 this is the version I was using as a comparison...I think it might be the same tour.

Keep in mind, I'm using a Les Paul Custom as well and not a Rick. I'm going to try adding a 12-string sim. and see if it helps. It still could use some tweaking, but it's definitely the closest I've been able to come with the Axe-Fx.

So the preset is based on the work done by 'phedlund' in this preset;

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5076

and the work done by @macphistoo in this preset, which was based on Phedlund's preset;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22235519/MYSTERIOUS WAYS.syx

Macphistoo has since tweaked his preset.

My clip was based on Macphistoo's previous preset, but I changed the amp. block to my base AC30 amp. block. Here's my preset;

Attachments

• U2 Mysterious Ways - Toopy Amp.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
I think its close! You should probably lower the center frequency of the filter (offset) so that when it closes it peaks at a lower frequency.

Thanks Edo...says a lot coming from you.

I didn't tweak that part of the preset. I don't have much experience with the filter block, but I'll have a look. If you have time and you want to tweak it and re-post it, you're more than welcome to do do! :)

I'm not in front of my axe at the moment, but if you're using a filter block, try a wah block instead, and put it in parallel with a shunt block so that you hear both the dry and filtered signals - like if the wah block had a mix parameter set to 50%

I've been pulling my hair out for a while now with this one. "It's like you're in a ring, but you're fighting against yourself." ;) This is my latest revision, I think Edo has a better sounding preset than Edge does IMHO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom