U2 - ISHFWILF Clip...Based on Edo's AC30TB Settings

Thanks.

The preset is really simple.

U.S. Strat (w/ CS-69's) -> 2290 Delay -> AC30TB -> Cab -> Reverb -> Audacity

2290 -> dotted-eigth delay (446 ms). Don't forget to set the phase reverse to 'none'.

AC30TB -> I reset the block and set everything as per Edo's post. The only difference, is the drive is set to 4.5 and Treble is up a bit...5 or 5.5 (have to check). The CS-69's are not as hot as the pickups in the Edge signature Strat Edo uses.

Cab -> My VoxAC30- SM58 (Axe-Change). Normal res. Air at 8khz, 6%

Reverb -> Medium Room.

That's it.

If I need a little more grit, the SDD preamp at the beginning of the chain works very well.

Also, the OD's, whether they are the ones in the Axe-Fx or my SD-1/TS-9 pedals, sound really good. The preset works really well with my Explorer too with the TS-9 in the chain. Sounds a lot like the Slane concert tones.

The TS-9 in front, with the same Strat in the bridge position, comes very, very close to the WOWY and SBS tone from Slane.

Last edited:
Very well done - sounds very clear as you said with your Strat.
Haven´t tried the 2290 Delay in front of the amp - my next try.

Would like to know what IR´s The Edge is using.............Thy MyVoxAC30 free brings more highs than the OH Vox.

Are you only using one delay here Tony?

Yes, only one delay. When I get home, I'll take a look at my settings post them.

Some people don't like that double bounce, but I like it. Edge has been doing that since about the Vertigo tour, I believe. Listen to the Milan version.

The trick is to set the first repeat so it's almost as loud as the original and you really have to stay in time so that the repeat falls into place properly.

Yes, only one delay. When I get home, I'll take a look at my settings post them.

Some people don't like that double bounce, but I like it. Edge has been doing that since about the Vertigo tour, I believe. Listen to the Milan version.

The trick is to set the first repeat so it's almost as loud as the original and you really have to stay in time so that the repeat falls into place properly.
Thanks for the info! I've tried several different nits and configs to get the dual, parallel delays working, but I keep getting a nasally reverb type sound!

Back
Top Bottom