U2 - Iris (Hold Me Close)

Sounds very spot on Edo, Thank you for that tutorial.

DO you still have delays before amp (model)?
And what cab did you use? sounds a bit different from what i know.

Yes, all delays pre amp block, 2290 model. Cab is still that sm58 I downloaded from axe exchange, I added some air at 8khz, 6% if k remember correctly

Edo, your video sounds great!

How do you make the 2290 work in front of the amp? I have to change the amp input mode to left only, or right only in order to hear the delays, but then the gain is quite a bit lower.

Edo, how do you get your recordings to sound so full and 'live' sounding. If you have the delay before the amp., don't you lose the stereo effect? If I recall, you are using a single cab, (I believe you said you were using this low-res IR; 'My VoxAC30- SM58') in mono. Do you use a reverb block at the end of your chain? Is it the recording software/interface you use?

Hell no, the only think I leave at default is the negative feedback!! lol
Seriously, as general guidelines, I change tone freq to 530, presence freq 1.250-1450, xfmr match 0.800, dynamic presence 2.30, geq post with +4db at 1k, +2db at 2k and +0.5db at 4k. Speaker drive 1.65, power amp hardness 8 and that's about it. Ah, of course main eq: bass 6.5, mid 5.75, treble 4.80, cut 1.60, input drive 3.40. Like I said, this works great with my 1/2 step down strat with 11's, for the iris clip above I actually set the tone freq to 650 and turned the bass up to 7 and lowered the cutoff in the cab block from 130 to 75

The geq post is that within the amp block or seperately a peq block? (If any differences anyway, have to try that)

Edo, how do you get your recordings to sound so full and 'live' sounding. If you have the delay before the amp., don't you lose the stereo effect? If I recall, you are using a single cab, (I believe you said you were using this low-res IR; 'My VoxAC30- SM58') in mono. Do you use a reverb block at the end of your chain? Is it the recording software/interface you use?

Like it's written in the tutorial, I use a reverb block (medium hall) at the end of the chain, post cab block. No post eq / plug ins from the daw, i record straight from the axe into Logic (or iMovie for the tutorials)

Like it's written in the tutorial, I use a reverb block (medium hall) at the end of the chain, post cab block.

Sorry about that...must have missed that in the tutorial. Thanks again Edo for your answers and your patience!! It's very much appreciated. :)

I can get my maple neck Strat to sound fairly close to Edo's recording (sans playing talent). Close enough to know the difference is in guitars and pickups. It's really quite amazing the difference between my two Strats in how they sound with that patch, and it gives me GAS for a better guitar!

Edo, I too thank you again for sharing the patch info.

Hell no, the only think I leave at default is the negative feedback!! lol
Seriously, as general guidelines, I change tone freq to 530, presence freq 1.250-1450, xfmr match 0.800, dynamic presence 2.30, geq post with +4db at 1k, +2db at 2k and +0.5db at 4k. Speaker drive 1.65, power amp hardness 8 and that's about it. Ah, of course main eq: bass 6.5, mid 5.75, treble 4.80, cut 1.60, input drive 3.40. Like I said, this works great with my 1/2 step down strat with 11's, for the iris clip above I actually set the tone freq to 650 and turned the bass up to 7 and lowered the cutoff in the cab block from 130 to 75

edo - thanks for these settings.

Just to be clear, as the clip references both AC30 models, are these settings for the Hot or TB model?

edo - thanks for these settings.

Just to be clear, as the clip references both AC30 models, are these settings for the Hot or TB model?

These are what I use for the tb model, for the hot I just lower the mv to 8.5 and xfmr match to 0.8 - more or less

Hi Edo,
Saw your vid and also seeing others using your presets.
Do you have somewhere your best presets somewhere to be found?
I really like to try them out!
Or just send them to my account.

Back
Top Bottom