U2 Bad (Studio) Q4

Gerry859042

Hey guys,

First post, so be nice! Here's my effort to replicate the studio version of U2's Bad. A lot of folks have nailed various live versions so I thought I'd have a crack at the studio one. Thanks for listening. G

***UPDATE***
With PUPs in middle position on my Les Paul

Last edited:
Very nice. Sounds good. Let highest note ring a bit longer. Care to share your preset?

Thanks man :)

I'm happy with how the strings ring out. There's really only one repeat on the album version. However. on my recording, and every time I try to play this, I accidentally mute the high E string, killing it's ringing, You can hear it happening a couple of time on U2's original recording too, but mine sounds much worse!

I'll throw up the preset later

Thanks man :)

I'm happy with how the strings ring out. There's really only one repeat on the album version. However. on my recording, and every time I try to play this, I accidentally mute the high E string, killing it's ringing, You can hear it happening a couple of time on U2's original recording too, but mine sounds much worse!

I'll throw up the preset later
yes i noted the muting occasionally, hence my comment .. and don't get me wrong . both your sound and playing are very good !

Dude sounds great!! If you have a pick with a knobby/rough area, pick the strings with that side :) I use the Grip side of my Dunlop jazz 3 Picks, works great as a makeshift Herdim pick.

Dude sounds great!! If you have a pick with a knobby/rough area, pick the strings with that side :) I use the Grip side of my Dunlop jazz 3 Picks, works great as a makeshift Herdim pick.

Cheers man This was played with a herdim, but with a gentle pick attack. It sounds too live-like with a heavier attack!

Back
Top Bottom