U2 - AIWIY Clip...Q3.01

*whew* I'm 46 now and have been hard at this guitar thing for 3-4 years. Lots of music before that but I'm kicking myself for not falling in love with this instrument earlier in life. Hearing someone else say "there's still time" made my day! :)

Saw the delay details below but I'd love to deconstruct that patch. Sounds awesome!
Same here. I'm 59 but only really started about 2 years ago. "Tinkered" here and there all my life but until 2 years ago barely knew what a scale was. The more I learn the more I find out that I have a LOT yet to learn. And I'm still waiting on that "talent" knob with all these presets.

Hey toopy, here's my take on same clip after installing q3.02. I have to make a few adjustments as it sounds a bit raspier than it did with 2.04, but i don't mind the new grind parameter, i'll have to experiment a bit...

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Hey toopy, here's my take on same clip after installing q3.02.

As usual Edo sounds great! It's brighter and cleaner than my clip (not to mention, your playing is superb, as always), but you're definitely nailing the tone from the recent tours, especially I+E! I presume that was your Edge Strat?

So what's your take on the Dynamic Presence and Transformer Grind parameters? How are you setting them, if you don't mind me asking?

Haven't messed with them that much, the clip I recorded was just my old 2.04 preset into 3.02 - so dyn pres back to 0 I suppose. I'm busy at studio for a mixing session, so will experiment more with the new fw later tonight or tomorrow

I just spent hours last night with this preset. On the middle pup of my 513, it's beautiful, chewy, glassy, completely spot on, given that I don't have Edge's Strat or his fingers ;-)

Before I was done I was playing it on everything from the Clash to the Greyboy Allstars... amazing. Thanks edo and Toopy!

Back
Top Bottom