U2 Acrobat

One of U2's best songs and you certainly did it justice. Incredible sounding cover @edo!

How do you set your SDD, do you use the defaults and just adjust the drive?

Last edited:
It sounds almost like the sdd set with in/out at 4dB and level close to max.

Is that the settings you would use for a show, with a real amp.? I think if I tried those settings with my amp. and SDD pedal, in my 11' x 11' room, I'd be replacing the windows. It would be incredibly loud. :)

I find the same thing with the SDD drive block. The settings are a balance between the drive and level.

Well done Edo, congrats!
Your tone is very close to the original and your playing is great as usual.

Is that the settings you would use for a show, with a real amp.? I think if I tried those settings with my amp. and SDD pedal, in my 11' x 11' room, I'd be replacing the windows. It would be incredibly loud. :)

I find the same thing with the SDD drive block. The settings are a balance between the drive and level.

Yes, those are the settings I use, but it's not loud at all! If input is set to -30 and out to +4 then it sounds like hell!! Lol

Yes, those are the settings I use, but it's not loud at all! If input is set to -30 and out to +4 then it sounds like hell!! Lol

Interesting, +4/+4. I'll have to try that. I have mine set at -30/-20 with the level at 4.

I might have to double check, I haven't used the actual sdd (rack or pedal) in ages

I set the input according to the manual;

"–30dB: Single-coil electric guitars and instruments with a low output."

then I set the output to get in the right range. My power-scaled amp. just starts to break-up with those settings, using a Strat.

Sorry Edo, don't mean to hi-jack your thread. Your Acrobat cover/tutorial should be getting all the attention.

Last edited:
I set the input according the manual;

"–30dB: Single-coil electric guitars and instruments with a low output."

then I set the output to get in the right range. My power-scaled amp. just starts to break-up with those settings, using a Strat.

Sorry Edo, don't mean to hi-jack your thread. Your Acrobat cover/tutorial should be getting all the attention.

Don't worry, I just posted the clip as it was axe tone related, I don't care about the spotlight!!

Back
Top Bottom