U.S & European version - Different?

54321pj

Inspired
As in, If I buy one in the U.S (Im visiting family for most summers) and then return to Europe for the winters, and want to take the new Axe 3 with me... Other than a travel plug adapter, is there anything else needed? will it damage the unit somehow?
I notice from the rear panel picture on the Fractal site the external power specs are 100 - 240 VAC & 50 - 60 hz..
This would mean I'm not going to have a fireball on my hands if I plug a U.S bought Axe 3 into the mains over in Europe - Right?

No, they are the same. I'm not sure you'll get warranty support in Europe for a unit bought in the US and imported this way. If anything breaks down, you may have to pay for repairs. Otherwise you're fine. I have one XL+ brought this way.

I think you would pay for the shipping Cost back and forth , But I think FAS wouldnt charge For the repair

No, they are the same. I'm not sure you'll get warranty support in Europe for a unit bought in the US and imported this way. If anything breaks down, you may have to pay for repairs. Otherwise you're fine. I have one XL+ brought this way.

If it works the same as previous models, you will have to purchase from G66 to have a warranty in europe.

Thanks guys.
My situation would be that it is bought in the US and used around 5 months in the US and around 3 months in Europe (When Im on my travels) If it needs repair I have no problem covering shipping costs back to a US Depot. I was more interested in the power regulator/transformer not being able to cope with two quite different power supplies, Europe is almost more than double the voltage at the mains outlet.

No problem just like with the older unit.
Unplug the cord with US plug and plug in a Schuko EU cable

Back
Top Bottom