Typing this from a dream theatre concert

And how many of you agree that extremely bright lights flashing at the crowd is bs! Seriously my eyes are being abused more than my ears.

I guess I'm not a fan of the new album. The concept is cool in theory but the end result is a lot of boring ballads.

I hate the bright white lights. Too blinding.

I think part of being bored at concerts as I get older, is that I've seen so many great ones, it takes a lot to impress me.

DT has been one of my favorite bands for years, and Petrucci greatly influenced my playing.

But I haven't even given The Astonishing a full listen because from what parts I've heard, I wasn't into it. The self titled album before that was really uninteresting too.

I'll never be one of those people that shouts "go back to X style album" or demand they make music like in their old days, but I'm just not feeling DT's latest stuff.

Definitely lost "something" when Mike P left. For me, Black Clouds was the last great DT record.
Saw the Astonishing tour - wasn't so astonishing...

I love the astonishing but skipped the live show, I enjoy it home in a comfy armchair.

DT is my favorite band thought I liked less the more metal times, so I was fed up with portnoy :)

I'll see them next year for the i&w tour

Back
Top Bottom