Typical Entropy

youngmic

Inspired
Hey guys, here are some tracks my son Zachary (18 years old) has been working on. He did everything - writing, playing, recording, mixing, etc. - with a few suggestions from me (emphasis on few). He's looking for feedback so bring it on (constructive please - he's brave enough to put himself out there and hasn't been doing this long).

All guitars are done with an Axe Fx Ultra (his when I got the II).

He's calling this work "Typical Entropy".

https://soundcloud.com/youngmic-1/sets/typical-entropy

Thanks,
Mike

Tell your Son to be proud of himself, he did an awesome job writing, arranging and recording those songs. I don't really have any constructive feedback as it sounds contemporary, to todays music. He's got a winner there. I think he needs to shop it around at this point. He might be young, but all the musicians, who are making it are young.

You should be a proud papa!

Thanks Scott. Don't think they're quite ready to shop around yet, but yes, I'm very proud of this as a first effort. It's amazing how difficult it is to form a band or find other musicians at his age these days - either to give constructive criticism or to simply create with.

You would be surprised, how a good producer, would fix the loose ends, kind of give it the refinement. Your kid can sing and play, that is a head start on a lot of folks wanting to get into the business.

that was great!
very talented son you have there.

the only small "producer" critique I'd make is to not have as much reverb on the kick drum.
that's it.
well done

He just needs to keep making music. This is great stuff. The thought he put into these songs is impressive. If he keeps perfecting his craft, he'll do whatever he wants.

There are of course some things he could correct easily. I'll have to listen to it again, but what I remember were some annoying popp sounds from the vocal mic at "bending over backwards" (if I remember correctly). That's totally avoidable! And if he does fade-outs at the end of a song, please let the fade-out finish ;)

Other things are about taste. E.g. I don't like the room he put there with the reverb. Is he going for live-sounding recordings?

But I'm no expert either, just listen to my own demos linked below ;) (also my first recordings, but I'm a bit older than 18, so ... ). Before I commented on the songs and the performance alone and I have to say, I really like his voice! Sometimes he's a bit off and it sounds like he had better and worse days recording the different songs. So he needs to look more into that, but the color of his singing voice is fantastic!!! I'm quite confident that girls just want to eat him ;)

Back
Top Bottom