Typical 13 year old's bedroom setup, circa 1996

biggness

Power User
I set out to replicate my first little guitar rig that I put together with lawnmowing money.

A no-name distortion pedal, into a Peavey Studio Pro 40 with a 12" speaker of some sort, with some delay and chorus, as well as a 32 band graphic EQ that I found in a trashcan. The results were interesting enough to share.

PS - The Metalzone isn't toootally useless :p

Attachments

• EMPTYWALLET.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
What, no Gorilla amp w/8" speaker to tone capture? :blush: Boy those were the days. I knew nothing about tone....or playing guitar for that matter.:eek:
OMG... once again this is making my Monday! Gorilla was the first amp I ever owned. I had been saving my money up for a guitar then once my parents saw how serious I was they made me a deal... you let us buy you a guitar and you pay for the amp. My step dad was a guitarist so he wanted to make sure I didn't buy a total piece of junk guitar that just looked cool. My guitar ended up being a black Fender Bullet H-2 like this one here https://reverb.com/item/34027768-sq...MI68XS14ru6gIVHj6tBh1vvArQEAQYByABEgLK2fD_BwE and a Gorilla amp. Man I used to think that amp was so awesome... I'd go out in the garage and crank it up! I really wish I still had that first guitar and amp for sentimental reasons.

My first rig was an Ibanez Toneblaster amp that game with my first electric, an Ibanez Gio.
I later "upgraded" amp gain to pedal gain by purchasing....a Boss Metalzone later followed by a Boss DD-20 :)

1596818785189.png

Hahaha, this brought back memories.
My first amp was a Crate GX15R, first pedal was a Boss HM-1 and guitar was an Ibanez RGSomething that a mate broke the head off. I loved that little setup. Don’t think my parents did though😂😂😂

OMG... once again this is making my Monday! Gorilla was the first amp I ever owned. I had been saving my money up for a guitar then once my parents saw how serious I was they made me a deal... you let us buy you a guitar and you pay for the amp. My step dad was a guitarist so he wanted to make sure I didn't buy a total piece of junk guitar that just looked cool. My guitar ended up being a black Fender Bullet H-2 like this one here https://reverb.com/item/34027768-sq...MI68XS14ru6gIVHj6tBh1vvArQEAQYByABEgLK2fD_BwE and a Gorilla amp. Man I used to think that amp was so awesome... I'd go out in the garage and crank it up! I really wish I still had that first guitar and amp for sentimental reasons.

That was my same exact first guitar and same amp. I remember the amp had a tube stack button on it, but I dont think it was a tube amp. Long time ago.

That was my same exact first guitar and same amp. I remember the amp had a tube stack button on it, but I dont think it was a tube amp. Long time ago.
Awesome! That tube stack button does sound familiar. It definitely was a solid state amp. That was some good marketing though. Kinda like the turbo button on old computers.

Peavey Bandit and a Metal Zone pedal were my upbringings ...

Same here. Peavey Bandit, Metal Zone and an Aria Pro II guitar. The Aria was replaced with a Peavey Mantis after I had saved up some yawn mowing money. I thought I had the ultimate rig when I added a chorus pedal.
I replaced the Mantis with a Lone Star Strat when they came out. I wish I still had that Strat. I also wish I still had that Bandit. It sounded great.

mako_kaman.jpg

This was my first amp. My uncle found it in a pawn shop the day after giving me my first guitar (a Cadillac pink BC Rich NJ Series Warlock) back in '94. Pretty sure the same happiness I had that day was the same as the day my AxeFX got delivered.

My very first guitar amp, which I used for many years, was an old yard radio that I modified to take the guitar input. But the my first "real" guitar amp was the old standard, Crate CR110.
crate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom