Type of switches needed for dual footswitch?

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I have done some searching and cannot see to find the answer to this. When using a dual footswitch with the FM the idea switch will use momentary buttons right?

I have done some searching and cannot see to find the answer to this. When using a dual footswitch with the FM the idea switch will use momentary buttons right?
Yes. Use momentary switches. On the FM3, you can make momentary switches behave as either momentary or latching, but a latching switch cannot ever be anything but latching. And you can’t use hold functions with it.

Last edited:
2x Boss FS-5U would be my preference.
The FS-6 is OK too but it needs a battery.

2x Boss FS-5U would be my preference.
The FS-6 is OK too but it needs a battery.
Been using both of these for a long time, they work great. The battery in the FS6 lasts for a long time as long as you don't keep it plugged in when you're not using it.

I'd get the FS-7 because smaller, but IIRC it only runs off a power adapter.

Been using both of these for a long time, they work great. The battery in the FS6 lasts for a long time as long as you don't keep it plugged in when you're not using it.
Is there a combo of settings that is required to keep the FS-6 LED on when a control switch on the FM3 is engaged? Have a Filter set to A and the Amp Boost set to B. Both set to latching and work perfectly except for the LED not remaining on when FM3 control switch turned on.

I'd get the FS-7 because smaller, but IIRC it only runs off a power adapter.
I actually prefer two FS-5Us because they are configured side-by-side vs the FS-7 is oriented vertically. The 7 is smaller, but I like the size of the 5 as it just seems like a better "fit".

Is there a combo of settings that is required to keep the FS-6 LED on when a control switch on the FM3 is engaged? Have a Filter set to A and the Amp Boost set to B. Both set to latching and work perfectly except for the LED not remaining on when FM3 control switch turned on.
I don't think there's any way to get the LEDs to sync w/ the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom