Tyler Grund's First Gig Weekend With AxeFx2

A LITTLE success. The ultimate problem is using humbucking guitars. If you've ever plugged a les Paul into a twin reverb, you'd realize its hard to get a super clean tone.

But, like you, I'm still experimenting a bit. We don't use squeeky clean tone in my band much so its low in my priorities, but if I get some good success, I'll be sure to post my results.

I can dial the gain back far enough to get my humbuckers clean but the tone still sounds "blah". Same is true for the Stat-like single coils in my 513 and with my P90 guitar. I must be missing something. Perhaps it's my IR choices and/or some missing EQ.

Terry.

Cool little reveiw Tyler :D

You can also set up FXloop to out2. Then you can use separate volum on your stage volum. I like this so i don`t mess up the FOH sound if i turn up or down.
To me, this applies on both FRFR and poweramp+cab setups. I always need to adjust the volum during a gig.

I`ll check out your midboost tips. My HK monitors actually seems to boost mids when i turn them up. Cuts right trough.

My experience is that the old marshalls and the Lonestar sounds great in the mix. I have a 1987X and a Lonestar patch that kills at higher volums. And of course less gain at higher volum.

Strangely i need less gain with the HK stage monitors, compared to my mesa+cab setup.. With the right amount, both setups just sings..

Last edited:
Tyler:

In the plexi patch, do you use your guitar's volume pot to blend between rhythm and lead or do you boost the signal by some internal (which?) or external device?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom