(implemented) Tycobrahe Parapedal?

JDR3009

Inspired
There’s so many wah variants already, but I know there’s the old Tycobrahe Parapedal wahs too, which are supposed to sound almost synth-esque with their own filter sweeps, plus the fact it supposedly used 2 filters at once for that effect! I don’t know how you’d recreate this with the existing blocks, so it’d be cool to have it as an option in future updates.

Here's a schematic and link to the layout and components used.

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2015/12/tycobrahe-parapedal-original.html

parapedal.gif

Interesting. It's based on a state-variable filter. A quick inspection doesn't reveal "two filters at once".

A state-variable filter is an op-amp circuit that provides low-pass, high-pass and bandpass in a single filter depending upon where you take the output.

Interesting. It's based on a state-variable filter. A quick inspection doesn't reveal "two filters at once".

A state-variable filter is an op-amp circuit that provides low-pass, high-pass and bandpass in a single filter depending upon where you take the output.

This is why I’m not the guy that works on these things with my extremely limited knowledge of electronics and even less knowledge of musical equipment. I can only go off what I hear elsewhere, whether it turns out to be correct or otherwise 😂

Isn’t that ganged “frequency” pot spanning two stages?

Back
Top Bottom