Ty Tabor-ish Tone

Singtall

Experienced
Vendor
I always loved the early Ty Tabor/King's X tone and have done many presets of it in the past. Today I was just trying to get that type of feel without completely going there.

I used a Plexi 2204 to start with, then tried several cabinets and eq's to get me close. Then I used tonematch to basically sum up everything from all of the cabinets and eq's to make a new IR.

I called that scene Crunch. Roll back your guitar's volume control to get a clean tone. The way the amp is setup provides compression and mids to the full cranked tone. if you want even more compression turn up the amp's master volume control. For my pickups, going wide open was a bit too much as the compression was fighting my pick attack a bit much.

I added a modded Tube Screamer and Delay and called that scene Lead.

For a more authentic tone use single coil pickups. But feel free try any pickup you like and tweak away to make your own preset if you want.

Attachments

• Ty Tabor-ish.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
  • U1.0082_King's X.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 60
I have a gibson lab and I have been meaning to plug it into the Axe and see how close I can get to those first 4 records. Is there a way to just tonematch the preamp section?

Back
Top Bottom