Two simple midi questions

Tplesko

Inspired
hi all, two separate issues and any help appreciated.

1). I have my tuner programmed to a midi value and can turn it on via my iPad app, but not off. Any help appreciated. Do I need to also program a “bypass” value in the Byoass section of the Fractal midi settings to get it to turn off?

2). Similarly, I have programmed Vol Inc and Dec for Output 1. I thought it would revert back after changing presets, but it seems to persist for that preset. Is that by design? Can I program it to revert back?

Thanks in advance and ap9logize if these are bad questions...midi is still new to me but I am slowly getting it. Thanks,

1). I have my tuner programmed to a midi value and can turn it on via my iPad app, but not off. Any help appreciated. Do I need to also program a “bypass” value in the Byoass section of the Fractal midi settings to get it to turn off?

2). Similarly, I have programmed Vol Inc and Dec for Output 1. I thought it would revert back after changing presets, but it seems to persist for that preset. Is that by design? Can I program it to revert back?

Thanks in advance and ap9logize if these are bad questions...midi is still new to me but I am slowly getting it. Thanks,
The iPad app needs to send a value of 127 to turn it on, and a value of 0 to turn it off.

The volume inc/dec auto saves the preset as it’s intended to adjust the volume and keep it that way for the next time you are on that scene. It’s the only function like that which auto saves. Note that the adjustment is per Scene.

When you setup a CC for effects, you usually are creating a toggle. On the sending device you need to define an ON value (typically 127) and an OFF value (typically 0). Sounds like have only defined an ON value. The CC is the same for both, so no change required on the Axe Fx.

This isn't really a midi issue... It's the way the feature works on the Axe Fx.

When you setup a CC for effects, you usually are creating a toggle. On the sending device you need to define an ON value (typically 127) and an OFF value (typically 0). Sounds like have only defined an ON value. The CC is the same for both, so no change required on the Axe Fx.

This isn't really a midi issue... It's the way the feature works on the Axe Fx.
Thanks, I think this simple app (Midi Macros) will not toggle so I need to create two separate macros (one for on and one for off) to get it work. Thanks again,

The iPad app needs to send a value of 127 to turn it on, and a value of 0 to turn it off.

The volume inc/dec auto saves the preset as it’s intended to adjust the volume and keep it that way for the next time you are on that scene. It’s the only function like that which auto saves. Note that the adjustment is per Scene.
Thank you! If you adjust the volume this way it saves is permanently to the preset??? Even if the unit it powered off and on?

Back
Top Bottom