Two Rock frustration

AZG

Experienced
Anyone have any luck getting a great tone out of the Two Rock model? No matter what I try it sounds squelchy and muddy. Especially with a Les Paul. I am currently comparing the Axe2 and Kemper with Two Rock profiles from the amp factory and the tone from the Kemper is very good using the same guitars, the axe not so much. Trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong because I greatly prefer the functionally of the Axe2, but some of the tones are bumming me out. Here are two examples of what the two rock profiles sound like on the Kemper (samples are from the amp factory).

http://www.theampfactory.com/audio_samples/124.mp3
http://www.theampfactory.com/audio_samples/737.mp3

Anyone know how to get this tone out of the Axe?

Tone match that shizzle! No seriously, I have been meaning to try this amp out but have not found the time. IMVHO, I feel like now that v9 is out I can get any tone I want out of my axe.

The Two-Rock model is a Lead Channel model.
For clean tones use the ODS-100 Clean (Dumble/Ojai) model.

Or use the two rock with cab block in stereo and one cab factory cab 56 no mick and the other cab factory cab 29 with the U87 fond mick. Proximity at around 4 for extra bottom and lower the input trim and gain.I have low output humbuckers and single coils and with master at 5, gain at 2.3 and input trim at 0.8 and bass at 4, mid at 6 treble at 7 presc at 5 depth at 4 and important Comp at 0 I get very nasty breakup with guitar volume on full but with guitar volume at 5-6 I get shimmering clean to slight breakup. Wonderful and very exaktlike the real thing and completely satisfiyng for a matt schofield two rock fan like me. For extra spice add a trem block after the cab and let the mix in the trem block be controlled by the envelope controller. Start at 100% and finish at 0%. When you dig in the trem disappears and when you play softer the term shows up.

Last edited:
You won't get THAT tone using a Lespaul. It sounds like a Strat was use to record those clips, bridge and neck single coils. The two rocks model as plenty of gain under the hood. Back off the gain. No more thant 2-3 value...MAX. Adjust the Master around 4-5. For cab sim, try a boutique 2X12 or any 2X12 inside the box. Experiment...that's part of the Axe FX 2 experience my friend!!!

You won't get THAT tone using a Lespaul. It sounds like a Strat was use to record those clips, bridge and neck single coils. The two rocks model as plenty of gain under the hood. Back off the gain. No more thant 2-3 value...MAX. Adjust the Master around 4-5. For cab sim, try a boutique 2X12 or any 2X12 inside the box. Experiment...that's part of the Axe FX 2 experience my friend!!!

Definitely! Yes! Strat! Yes! Fun! Very indeed! Axe II no problem!

Thanks for the info and some great samples. It gives me a few more things to try. While I know it is probably more popular as a Strat amp, the Kemper TR also sounds killer with a LP, so I was hoping to get the same tones out of the axe.

No problem to get great tones from the Two Stone IMHO. I posted a clip in the recording section.. Used a Suhr Classic Ash with HSS setup. Turn volume down. I also posted my settings and cabs. The sound is to my taste. Just turn around TMBP and the volume on the guitar. Of course... With a Les Paul you don´t get the strat sound and vice versa.....

Which profile? I'll match it and post the preset.
Cliff, thanks for taking the time to respond.

The Two Rock profiles that I think sound great with a Les Paul are comercial profiles from the amp factory. They all sound good to great, but I particularly like "LP-TwoRock Jet Push", "LP-TwoRock Jet Clean+", "A-TwoRock 35 Clean+" and "A-TwoRock 35 Push". Both the A-TwoRock profiles need a few small TMB and drive adjustments to sound there best with a LP.

The Two Stone is one of my favourite amp models, punchy with some nice break up but cleans up well. Should be possible to get a good tone even with a Les Paul.

If Cliff could tone match some more TR profiles then that would be fabulous!

Cliff, thanks for taking the time to respond.

The Two Rock profiles that I think sound great with a Les Paul are comercial profiles from the amp factory. They all sound good to great, but I particularly like "LP-TwoRock Jet Push", "LP-TwoRock Jet Clean+", "A-TwoRock 35 Clean+" and "A-TwoRock 35 Push". Both the A-TwoRock profiles need a few small TMB and drive adjustments to sound there best with a LP.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware+presets/axe-fx-2/TMA/LP-Two Rock Jet Push.syx
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware+presets/axe-fx-2/TMA/LP-Two Rock Jet Clean+.syx
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware+presets/axe-fx-2/TMA/LP-Two Rock 35 Push.syx
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware+presets/axe-fx-2/TMA/LP-Two Rock 35 Clean+.syx

Back
Top Bottom