Two presets with the same name...is a problem?

200man

Power User
I copied a preset to a new number, made some tweaks. SAVED IT. Then turned the unit off.
The next day I turned the Axe on and it went back to the original preset, which was lower in numerical order.
They were both “named” the same. The editing was done with Axe-Edit.

No, it's not a problem. I do that all of the time. Are you sure that it saved? Are the tweaks still there?

Here's the longer and more helpful answer.....:D

After naming a preset, you have to click anywhere for the name to take. I usually hit 'Enter' on my keyboard (it seems quicker?). So sometimes when you hit the 'Save' button right after editing the scene or preset name, all that happens is the new name gets changed, but the 'Save' function didn't happen. You have to hit 'Save' again and verify that the 'Edited' light does out on the 'Save' button (and/or on the hardware).

Last edited:
No, it's not a problem. I do that all of the time. Are you sure that it saved? Are the tweaks still there?

Here's the longer and more helpful answer.....:D

After naming a preset, you have to click anywhere for the name to take. I usually hit 'Enter' on my keyboard (it seems quicker?). So sometimes when you hit the 'Save' button right after editing the scene or preset name, all that happens is the new name gets changed, but the 'Save' function didn't happen. You have to hit 'Save' again and verify that the 'Edited' light does out on the 'Save' button (and/or on the hardware).
Thanks...I am careful about saving...I’ll try this again purposefully and report back...thanks guys
p.s. the tweaks were still there in the copied preset

The names do not need to be unique: it is the preset # that distinguishes presets. They could all be named "" or <EMPTY> or My Favorite Preset regardless of content.

Back
Top Bottom