TWO new Cab Packs!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Some very cool stuff here folks... TWO new Cab Packs, both very different and very exciting.

CAB PACK 16 - ML SUHR CABS COLLECTION
The ML Suhr Cabs Collection contains 139 User Cab IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by Mikko Logrén from ML Sound Lab.

• ML Suhr 65, based on a Suhr™ 2x12 Cabinet loaded with G12-65 Speakers.
  • ML Suhr V30, based on a Suhr™ 1x12 Cabinet loaded with an English-made Celestion Vintage 30 Speaker.
  • ML Suhr Vet 30, based on a Suhr™ Badger 1x12 Combo loaded with an Warehouse Guitar Speakers™ Veteran 30 Speaker.

===================================

CAB PACK 17

Cab Pack 17: Buddy’s Boutique Cabs contains over 275 unique IRs of six highly coveted boutique guitar speaker-cabinet combinations. The pack includes 172 “Core” individual mic captures, plus an “Extras” folder with over 100 additional IRs, plus 39 ready-made mixes.

• 1x12 Shiver - Based on a Bogner™ Shiva closed-back dual port cab, loaded with a Celestion Classic Lead 80.
  • Bludo 1x12 - Based on a Bludotone™ closed-back ported cab (similar to a Dumble™ cab used by the great Larry Carlton) with a WGS Blackhawk AlNiCo speaker.
  • Bludo 2x12 H65 - Based on a Bludotone™ open “Oval Back” cab, loaded with Celestion G12-65H heritage speakers (similar to a Dumble™ cab used by the great Robben Ford).
  • Bludotone 2x12 ASW - Based on a Bludotone™ open “Oval Back” cab, loaded with a pair of special Bludotone™-designed KTS-style Austin Speaker Works speakers.
  • 2x12 Two Stone - Based on a Two Rock™ 2x12 open “Oval Back” cab with Eminence K&M 65-16 speakers.
  • 4x12 Rumble - Based on Cliff Chase’s personal Dumble™ 4X12 closed back cab with EVL-12/EV-S speakers in an X-pattern.

Here's a clip we made with Justin York (Paramore) and Jon Symons (Guitarjon, Raptor) using all three different cabinets from "Cab Pack 16: ML Suhr Cabs".

First it's me doing the clean parts using ML Suhr 65 (based on a Suhr™ 2x12 Cabinet loaded with G12-65 Speakers), then it's Justin performing his magical emotions using ML Suhr Vet 30 (based on a Suhr™ Badger 1x12 Combo loaded with an Warehouse Guitar Speakers™ Veteran 30 Speaker) and last but definitely not least it's Jon shredding until complete silence using ML Suhr V30 (based on a Suhr™ 1x12 Cabinet loaded with an English-made Celestion Vintage 30 Speaker).

I got the best response I've ever gotten from the Fractal Audio Systems beta testers for this Cab Pack 16: ML Suhr Cabs. Anyone who's heard of the Suhr reputation and is intrigued - this pack is for you. You will not be let down. :)

Bought & tried it......somehow does not seem to work for me......still Bulb Cab is the ONE !

It's completely different to what I've done before and people have been requesting smaller cabs from me for almost a year now. :) Like with all IRs I suggest you fiddle with the amp EQ a bit. A change this big is almost like getting a completely new amp. So if you have "your regular amp settings" they will most likely not translate all too well to a change like this. Just like in real life you don't tweak an amp the same way if you plug it into a 4x12 vs 1x12. :) My tip would be to try lowering the gain and raising that bass up and then lowering presence.

These Suhr cabs have one of the best pick attacks/transients which is very articulate and "Suhr" like. Very boutiquey and responsive. Maybe not everyone's first choice for crushing metal tones. It does that also but the low end is definitely more respectful towards other instruments than a 4x12 cab. :D

I'm interested in the Suhr cab pack, especially for the WGS Veteran 30 speaker since Dustie Waring is praising them.

Only downside for me is the price for what you get. Only 3 cabs and 2 of them are 1x12's. I feel like the price should reflect how much you're getting.

Fractal can charge whatever they like and that's cool, but I think I'll wait for a sale or price drop.

I'm interested in the Suhr cab pack, especially for the WGS Veteran 30 speaker since Dustie Waring is praising them.

Only downside for me is the price for what you get. Only 3 cabs and 2 of them are 1x12's. I feel like the price should reflect how much you're getting.

Fractal can charge whatever they like and that's cool, but I think I'll wait for a sale or price drop.

Completely respect your opinion and there's nothing wrong with you feeling that way. Still I would like to argue that IRs are a really cheap product. F.ex. in this case you get 2000€ worth of sounds for the price of a dinner in an average restaurant.

Obviously pricing is something that we always think about when ever creating a new pack.

Only 3 cabs and 2 of them are 1x12's. I feel like the price should reflect how much you're getting.

In this case we need to understand that although you might not be interested in 1x12's (which in this case are larger than some 2x12 cabs) for some people 1x12's is exactly what they're after.

When you get Cab Pack 13 you get a cab that costs 1400€ in real life shot with "the ML technique". When you get Cab Pack 16 you get three cabs that cost around 2000€ altogether in real life shot with "the ML technique".

It's completely different to what I've done before and people have been requesting smaller cabs from me for almost a year now. :) Like with all IRs I suggest you fiddle with the amp EQ a bit. A change this big is almost like getting a completely new amp. So if you have "your regular amp settings" they will most likely not translate all too well to a change like this. Just like in real life you don't tweak an amp the same way if you plug it into a 4x12 vs 1x12. :) My tip would be to try lowering the gain and raising that bass up and then lowering presence.

These Suhr cabs have one of the best pick attacks/transients which is very articulate and "Suhr" like. Very boutiquey and responsive. Maybe not everyone's first choice for crushing metal tones. It does that also but the low end is definitely more respectful towards other instruments than a 4x12 cab. :D

Indeed.. we have been knee deep in 4x12s too long ;)

I think i am going to use these two packs the most... along with the cabs in the attic pack

Completely respect your opinion and there's nothing wrong with you feeling that way. Still I would like to argue that IRs are a really cheap product. F.ex. in this case you get 2000€ worth of sounds for the price of a dinner in an average restaurant.

When you get Cab Pack 13 you get a cab that costs 1400€ in real life shot with "the ML technique". When you get Cab Pack 16 you get three cabs that cost around 2000€ altogether in real life shot with "the ML technique".

I understand what you are trying to say, but it's a bit like a magic trick how you replied with the "don't look over there, LOOK over here" technique.

If you want to use that logic then Kevin, over at OwnHammer, should be charging way more than he does for his stuff.

Fractal can run their business the way that they want to and I'm totally all for that, but at the end of the day, I guess that's why I'm a "frequent flyer" over there at OwnHammer (which also puts me into their return customer reward system).

Anyhow, don't take this as a jab at you ML or Fractal as a company. I think you guys are doing some amazing work.

Back
Top Bottom