TWO new Cab-Packs!

Just stopped in to say thank you for these new “MIC + DI” impulses. Beginning with cab pack 10 and now 14, (I'm a 4x12 guy) these are the only impulses I use any more except for 1 impulse from cab pack 7.

For me, these impulses captured with the new “MIC + DI” technique are even a bigger deal than ultra res was for me. I'm just in love with the character of these impulses. I can't relay enough how great these sound to me and how much more I enjoy my tone from the Axe FX with these impulses.

Thanks again to everyone who was involved! I really appreciate it!

These latest ones are even better IMO due to the superior DI box we used during this session.

These latest ones are even better IMO due to the superior DI box we used during this session.

Hi Cliff, was it the Rupert Neve Designs RNDI?
I'm thinking of getting myself one of those.
If the quality of the DI is important for even better MIC + DI captures, I will be buying one to replace the Behringer Ultra-G I have been using.
Would you recommend getting the RNDI?

Per

Last edited:
If I may take this chance to re-ask an old question...

Cliff could you give any insight on the difference in making mic+di impulses and a di box with/without a transformer?

Here's a SM57+R121 combo comparison of three 4x12s. Half are mine. Half are new. One is unreleased. :)

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/4x12-shootout[/soundcloud]

your killing me, my time, my ears, etc. Now its deciding between latest Ml pk 13 and the more variety of this 4x12 offering;

Millennia TD-1 in FET mode would be my choice.

Were all the cabs in these two packs done with Mic+DI?

Everything except for my ML Double Verb IRs.

I proudly use my own method to remove the power amp color which is what I've done for over a year now way before mic+di. I created a comparison and there's no audible difference between mic+di and my method.

Cab pack 15 is sick!

The left speaker of the 2x12 Tweed is magic.

The Brown Super IR's sound incredible too.

I thought the RNR microphone was very intriguing too. Not sure I would go to it by itself. I would use a 121 alone. But the RNR has a great depth and nice air to it. Lots of clarity and maybe more focus than the 121.

Was that a shure KSM 313? That one has an interesting flavor. Also I would probably mix that with something else. But a cool flavor none the less.

Cab pack 15 is sick!

The left speaker of the 2x12 Tweed is magic.

The Brown Super IR's sound incredible too.

I thought the RNR microphone was very intriguing too. Not sure I would go to it by itself. I would use a 121 alone. But the RNR has a great depth and nice air to it. Lots of clarity and maybe more focus than the 121.

Was that a shure KSM 313? That one has an interesting flavor. Also I would probably mix that with something else. But a cool flavor none the less.

Yup, the left speaker of Keith Urban's amp was definitely the better of the two. The speakers are not the original speakers, they are Two Rocks. No idea what model or who they are made by. The 313 was indeed a KSM313.

Back
Top Bottom