Two more IRs ("Session 4")

nikki-k

Experienced
IR number 1
IR number 2

While recording some Legacy and Peavey (Audition Chorus) clips, I thought the mic placement was decent enough to warrant a quick capture before moving it. Then, I wondered if the power amp level would have a noticeable effect, even if only increased ~6dB or so.

Both captures are TC30, Earthworks LAB102, Peavey M2600 power amp, vertical 2x12 w/ Celestion G12M25 Greenbacks. Mic at 4", On Axis, midway between Cap Edge and Cone Edge.

Feedback welcomed and greatly appreciated.
Enjoy! :D

(For anyone who followed the exchange between AlbertA and myself, these are from what I called "Session 4." The previous three "Sessions" were experiemental, with no effort placed toward the quality of the mic placement; this one was an impromptu capture. There is a little bit of.. "vowel-i-ness" to these, but I like the language they are speaking :D )

I give them a try. Got 'em downloaded in a folder and will attempt to get to them tonight.

Warning: my feedback can be brutal. I assume you want an HONEST opinion, not a sugar coated one. Knowing you Nikki I don't think you'd have it any other way.:D

Is there a specific amp model you think these sound good with or would like us to try?

@AlbertA: Thank you! Humbled, as it comes from someone I have great respect for.

@ Search: LOL, absolutely. I see critique as being.. critique. Even if it is awful in your opinion, it is the qualifiers I appreciate, as it provides for considerations when moving forward.

As for amp types...
I have used them with the USA Lead 1, Recto Orange, Plexi (Treble), Brit 800, and even gave it a shot with the AC30 (I like it, but it is different, lol). It was okay with clean(er) tones/amps, but I prefer stacking my EVM IRs for cleans, or one of my EVMs with Jay's open back (FF). The two IRs are different due to the Greenback being pushed a bit more for IR2.

Back
Top Bottom