Two Guitars with Axe, Electric and Acoustic

JH-2

Inspired
Hi,

I need your help please, I'm going crazy.

I want to put two guitars in Axe Fx, have guitar 1 (Electric Guitar imput 1) and guitar 2 (acoustic guitar imput 2).

With electric guitar presets all is ok, but with acoustic presets no.

I want hear acoustic guitar with my 4x12 Mesa Boogie Cabinet but no cab (this is my monitor) and on PA hear amp+cabinet, How can I do that?

I attached the presets in case anyone can help me.

Thanks my friend.

Attachments

• Acoustic.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
I'm not sure I get the question.. you want to hear both ac and electric through the mesa cab?

Hi edo,

The electric guitar hear with distorsion presets and have connect in imput 1, all is ok.

Know i have connect acoustic in imput 2 and if i change program (acoustic presets) want to hear in my Mesa Boogie cabinet (only tube pre amp) and PA (tube pre amp+cab).

You do not connect an acoustic to input 2 you connect it to input 1 right, with input 1 set to stereo. There are a few threads on this forum and some YouTube videos by Chris with details on how to connect 2 guitars, acoustic or otherwise.

My PRS is setup with piezo pickups. Both signals go into input 1. On mine I have the electric pickups going in the front input, set to In1 Left, and the piezo pickups going into In1 Right on the rear panel. Then, on the amp or cab block, I set the input to left for the electric and right for acoustic. I can have my amp+cab sound with my electric pickups, and process the piezos separately (Comp, Reverb, Acoustic IRs, etc.).

yes, set input 1 to stereo in the globals. electric int he front, acoustic in the back to input 1 right. you can use volume blocks to select which input you want to use, by selecting left or right with the "input select" parameter. you can then run both in a single patch and process them separately, or just have separate patches and use the axe to select which input you want to use.

Hi Simeon,

I can not do it with input 2? I want to have guitar 1 (electric) on imput 1 and guitar 2 (acoustic) on imput 2.

See my presets please, attached here. I want to hear amp 1 only with 4x12 cabinet and amp 2+cab on PA.

Know only hear PA, and 1 not have sound.

Thanks

Attachments

• Acoustic.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
i can't load the preset, because it's for an XL

you should be able to figure this out for yourself.

the FXL block will send audio to output 2 and receive audio from input 2. you can't use it as an input at the beginning of a chain and an output at the end of a chain, so you need to plug both guitars into input 1 (L&R). make sure input 1 is set to stereo
use volume blocks to select which input you want to use
the chain that goes to the output on the right will come out of output 1
the chain that ends with the FXL block will come out of output 2

maybe someone with an XL can have a look at the patch and help out?

the FXL block will send audio to output 2 and receive audio from input 2. you can't use it as an input at the beginning of a chain and an output at the end of a chain

Possible w/ feedback send & return. This might be preferred if acoustic is needed on just a few presets, since you wouldn't need vol/pan to isolate elec. Input 1 channel in every other preset. It looks like the OP may have got that far in this earlier thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ii-updated-in-depth.44884/page-5#post-1379213

I've helped the OP through PMs, using [RTN] - [FXL] - [SND] - [OUT], to get signal from Input 2 into the grid and then sending it out through Output 2 again, while also sending it to Output 1.

Note: anyone using this method should be aware of the risk of loud feedback, when nothing is connected to Input 2.

These kind of issues could be solved if Cliff just made selection of input 1 (front or rear) assignable per patch. This has been requested many times over the years. Even pro players have liked the idea.

This function is already in the software, in i/o section. But it is global-only. If it could be selected & stored per patch, it would be so much better for users.

Right now it's not easy or simple to run 2 guitars. And when you use input 2 (described above) you lose pitch detection, envelope follower etc. for reasons Cliff described. I know - I think I've been running electric in front and acoustic in input 2 L/R since I had a standard almost 10 years ago.

If input 1 were selectable front/rear per patch, you could have your cake and choose where you want to eat it - LOL

Of course, you could go the expensive way like I did and run two Axe-FX's in parallel. It does simplify things a bit. I call it the "Oh, just screw it" option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom