Two Expression Pedals?

TD77

Inspired
Awaiting my FM3 sometime this week and just wondering about the use of two expression pedals. Anyone here using two and if so, how are you utilizing? I’m coming from analog pedals and also had an old line6 M9 and used two Expression pedals for it....one I had controlling reverb saturation and the other I had controlling delay mixes. I assume I can to same if not more on the fm3 with two pedals. I see a lot of pics with only one so I’m just curious who’s running two and how you’re using them. Thanks!

I volume-level all of my presets, and have two pedals: (1) mix for delay / reverb and (2) modulation (wah / pitch / rotary speed). I have dedicated buttons on my board for +3 / -3 dB, but I try to never change my volume onstage. My solo scenes are adjusted for appropriate level of boost per preset.

I have a Fractal EV-1 and a Mission EP-1 that is spring-loaded. The Mission pedal is mostly used for wah, and the spring loading makes the auto-engage work really well. The Fractal pedal is mostly used like a volume pedal.

Just thinking here...... hypothetically....would it be cool if Fractal made an EV1“+” pedal that incorporated a small “stomp” switch that allowed the user to toggle the pedal between — say — volume vs. wah functions? Even if it had to be connected using two patch cables, it would be useful.....and more compact than dual pedals.

Just thinking here...... hypothetically....would it be cool if Fractal made an EV1“+” pedal that incorporated a small “stomp” switch that allowed the user to toggle the pedal between — say — volume vs. wah functions? Even if it had to be connected using two patch cables, it would be useful.....and more compact than dual pedals.
As long as the stomp switch is separate from the pedal's travel. If it were in the toe-down position of the pedal (like a wah), you'd have to go to full volume to engage the stomp switch.
I use a Mastermind GT10 controller, and you can reassign the pedals on the fly (with scenes, or just a dedicated button to reassign the pedal on demand). I do this sometimes for complex patches. That's how I do my show using just 2 expression pedals; I can flip to a page on the controller that allows me to adjust nearly anything within the patch, which assigns pedal #2 to that parameter. Once I'm done with the adjustment, I flip back to the main page for that patch, which also reassigns the pedal to its default parameter.

As long as the stomp switch is separate from the pedal's travel. If it were in the toe-down position of the pedal (like a wah), you'd have to go to full volume to engage the stomp switch.
I use a Mastermind GT10 controller, and you can reassign the pedals on the fly (with scenes, or just a dedicated button to reassign the pedal on demand). I do this sometimes for complex patches. That's how I do my show using just 2 expression pedals; I can flip to a page on the controller that allows me to adjust nearly anything within the patch, which assigns pedal #2 to that parameter. Once I'm done with the adjustment, I flip back to the main page for that patch, which also reassigns the pedal to its default parameter.
I have the same set up with my MMGT22.

I have the same set up with my MMGT22.
Nice. I have a local friend that I helped get set up with GT10 for his rig. He was previously an AxeFX II user, and over the past few years has switched over to using Gig Performer. His setup has 4 pedals and is pretty wild.

On my AX8, I use two Expression pedals, similar to what @Rain is using on his FM3. When I get my FM3, I think I'm going to use a standard ernie ball volume pedal in line with my guitar to the instrument input, and then an expression pedal hooked to the FM3 for various mods. That way, I can use the second expression pedal output to hook up two additional foot switches.

On my AX8, I use two Expression pedals, similar to what @Rain is using on his FM3. When I get my FM3, I think I'm going to use a standard ernie ball volume pedal in line with my guitar to the instrument input, and then an expression pedal hooked to the FM3 for various mods. That way, I can use the second expression pedal output to hook up two additional foot switches.
I like this idea!!! I have yet to dive into the manual but one thing that I really need is a tap tempo switch. It’s there but i have to cycle through the buttons to get to it. I’m sure there’s an easier way. Lots to learn yet.

I use the Mission SP-1 to have 2 expression pedals in one. Use the two expression inputs of the FM3.
To modify the tap tempo quickly I have assigned a hold button that takes me directly to a layout containing tap tempo and tuner. It's fast.

I use the Mission SP-1 to have 2 expression pedals in one. Use the two expression inputs of the FM3.
To modify the tap tempo quickly I have assigned a hold button that takes me directly to a layout containing tap tempo and tuner. It's fast.
How do you assign the hold button in your setup? I understand how the hold works but the factory settings have the hold buttons arranged so the far left banks down, the middle toggles between scenes and presets, and the far right banks up. By changing one of these to a hold function for a tap tempo arent you losing the other factory set feature? Thanks

Hi I use as the following video:

But this configuration uses the two Exp / Control inputs.

so to get back to your previous screen? I am assuming it takes two button clicks?

My main screen scenes and normally use only 6 scenes per preset.

Layout scenes:
(Btn1) scene1/scene2/hold:layout Tempo/Tuner
(Btn2) scene3/scene4/hold:layout main
(Btn2) scene5/scene6/hold:layout looper

Layout Tempo/Tuner:
(Btn1) Layout scenes/none/none
(Btn2) Tuner/none/hold:layout main
(Btn2) Tap tempo/none/none

My main screen scenes and normally use only 6 scenes per preset.

Layout scenes:
(Btn1) scene1/scene2/hold:layout Tempo/Tuner
(Btn2) scene3/scene4/hold:layout main
(Btn2) scene5/scene6/hold:layout looper

Layout Tempo/Tuner:
(Btn1) Layout scenes/none/none
(Btn2) Tuner/none/hold:layout main
(Btn2) Tap tempo/none/none
Looks fine sofar would maybe change S5 to a CC control (tremolo). Thanks

Back
Top Bottom