Two different simultaneous rigs, 2 guitars, one III?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
Dumb question that as a III owner I should know. Let's pretend I'm just a Axe Fx II owner. Is it possible to have two different guitar inputs running two different rigs, different outputs? IOW can I have a basic rig and my student plugging into the same Axe Fx III, different amp, effects tone? It seems so.

I'm changing things up. I'm moving into a new recording studio. Normally my students plug into the Ax8 and I play through the III. But the AX8 will be in a different room now. 1st world problems.

And you can daisy chain two FC-6s (once they’re there to be had) so each player has their own control, as well!

In 1 - blocks - out 1

In 2 - blocks - out 2
I thought so. Looks like it. I just haven't done it yet. But with the AX8 in the other room now, the tracking room, it gives me ample opportunity to try out these fancy new patch bays! See if I can get them to work! This is awesome.

in 1 (guitar 1) -> blocks -> out 1

in 2 (vocals via XLR input) -> blocks -> out 2

in 3 (guitar 2) -> blocks -> out 3

in 4 (bass) -> blocks (if your bass tone doesn't use an Amp block) -> out 4

You could practically run your entire band, minus drums, through the Axe.

You just need to watch a few things currently though. There are scenarios where if a scene change causes a channel change on various blocks, the outputs will mute briefly which will have a small but noticeable sound to it. You can adjust the design of your presets to work around it. Here is a thread for reference describing it further:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...iem-mix-can-i-use-the-axe-fx-this-way.139269/

And a another thread regarding the amp block and muting outputs when channels are changed:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...nnel-is-not-changed-on-a-scene-change.138099/

Cool. But that's WAY more than I would ever need it to do. I have other goodies for those.

Back
Top Bottom