Two different FRFR speakers PRE-EQ (Stereo)

cnaufel

Experienced
Hello! I am using two different FRFR speakers for STEREO use. The point is that they sound very different and I need to tweak the final sound going through one of them. If a tweak the Global OUT 1 it will affect both Left and Right. Are there different approaches/ideas that I can use?
I think about using one speaker into the Out 1 LEFT and the other into the Out 2 RIGHT and the Global settings “Out 2 Copy Out 1” Turned ON ( although in this way I will not use both balanced outputs).
Is this the only approach/correct?

First thing I thought was to use 2 lines ,go to output ,pan hard left and right ,that way you put eq on what ever side you are trying to change . but that will effect how your running your chain of effects . I’m sure there more ways

I've used 2 different speakers and liked the tonal differences. Just eq for the overall sound, not one speaker or the other

post your signal chain please. it will help us help you.

I deliberately use two difference speakers in my stereo rig, I like the differences and what they average to fwiw.

I think this may be a simple way to use only OUT1 with two speakers in STEREO and correct only my RH speaker. What do you think about?

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 15.50.41.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-04 at 15.54.42.png

Plenty of ways to add a panned EQ block, but why not just use Output1 and Output2 using parallels paths. That would give you the most tonal options with wet\dry FX.

The way I'd recommend to go about it would be to add another GEQ in the empty slot above the one you have, and set the balance to hard left for one, and hard right for the other. That way you'll preserve your output eq if you ever wanted to adjust it, and you could split the signal before all that stuff if you ever wanted to use your other output for a DI if needed

Plenty of ways to add a panned EQ block, but why not just use Output1 and Output2 using parallels paths. That would give you the most tonal options with wet\dry FX.
That was I initially thought about, but would not use balanced outputs.

Back
Top Bottom