Two different FRFR speakers PRE-EQ (Stereo) - FM3

cnaufel

Experienced
(This question should be moved to the FM3 forum, I post it on the wrong section, sorry!)

Hello! I am using two different FRFR speakers for STEREO use. The point is that they sound very different and I need to tweak the final sound going through one of them. If a tweak the Global OUT 1 it will affect both Left and Right. Are there different approaches/ideas that I can use?
I think about using one speaker into the Out 1 LEFT and the other into the Out 2 RIGHT and the Global settings “Out 2 Copy Out 1” Turned ON ( although in this way I will not use both balanced outputs).
Is this the only approach/correct?

You could run some hard panned parallel eq somewhere near the end of your chain. You could also try different IR's for L&R Depends on what style of music you're playing, and what exactly you want to achieve with your stereo field.

Also I'd try to use just 1 stereo output if you can, but it's up to you

Hmm, thought I replied to this. I've used 2 different FRFR cabs in stereo both from output 1. I actually liked the difference between them. Use the output eq to tweak the overall sound instead of concentrating on one or the other trying to make them sound the same.

Hmm, thought I replied to this. I've used 2 different FRFR cabs in stereo both from output 1. I actually liked the difference between them. Use the output eq to tweak the overall sound instead of concentrating on one or the other trying to make them sound the same.
hmm. what speakers are you each using? i know i enjoy slightly different cabinets on each side, but if they’re massively different it’s jarring

I think this may be a simple way to use only OUT1 with two speakers in STEREO and correct only my RH speaker. What do you think about?
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 15.50.41.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-04 at 15.54.42.png

K10's work really well but they don't disperse and fill the stage the way a CLR can. If we ever get back to gigging the way we use to I'll probably add a 2nd CLR. I have a Mission Gemini 1 with bluetooth and cover for sale ;-) anyone?

Back
Top Bottom