Two Channel amp?

FullReverse

Inspired
Hello,

With the AX8, will you have two channels of the same amp model available? For instance, if you have a 6505 model, can you press a footswitch and have it go to the overdrive channel of the 6505 model and then press again and have it change to the clean channel?

Most people need a clean and a crunch channel. Or can this only be done with scenes/preset changes?

Hello,

With the AX8, will you have two channels of the same amp model available? For instance, if you have a 6505 model, can you press a footswitch and have it go to the overdrive channel of the 6505 model and then press again and have it change to the clean channel?

Most people need a clean and a crunch channel. Or can this only be done with scenes/preset changes?

You should have no problem doing this with X/Y on the Amp block. How you switch it will be up to you - either a dedicated switch or a scene change within the patch.

To be clear, every amp model is based on one channel of an amp. Popular multi channel amps have all their channels modelled separately in the big list of amp types.

You can certainly load both channels of the 6505 into the X\Y states of the amp block, but you're not limited to the 6505.. you could use the clean channel of any amp in X, and an overdrive channel of any other amp in Y.

will the ax8 have capability to send a diff amp tone to a different amp setup outside the ax8? I know it will not channel switch an amp for you from the ax8 like the H but can you send one out to one amp and another out to a diff amp or FOH and have diff effects or whatever on each send separately? I mean the 4 cable method is workable with the ax8 as well although not the best way to use the ax8 from what clif had alluded to?

will the ax8 have capability to send a diff amp tone to a different amp setup outside the ax8? I know it will not channel switch an amp for you from the ax8 like the H but can you send one out to one amp and another out to a diff amp or FOH and have diff effects or whatever on each send separately? I mean the 4 cable method is workable with the ax8 as well although not the best way to use the ax8 from what clif had alluded to?

If I understand you right, and if AX-8 works same as Axe-Fx in this regard.. then the answer is YES. Kind of.

In the Axe-Fx you can drop an fx-loop block anywhere in the routing chain, which will split off the signal from that point direct to OUT 2. Meanwhile, you can have additional blocks on a different line all the way to the end which will be heard on OUT 1.

So you would put the blocks common to both paths in front of FX Loop, and any extra blocks just for OUT 1 after FX Loop.

A common use for this is when you have a poweramp and real guitar cab onstage, and you want to also send a direct line level to FOH with a cab IR in the signal (so you don't need to mic your cab onstage).

Last edited:
but the ax8 supposedly wont work well with the power amp of a real amp in the 4cm....

Last edited:
I have been able to replicate both clean and drive channels of the Rockerverb amp using just the one model, but that was something I was worried about when looking through the amp list before buying the XL.

If you are familiar with the amp already, use your ears maaan x

Hello,

there is a function called "X/Y" which is almost exactly like "channel switching." it changes between 2 sets of parameters for the block. so you could have X be Clean 6505 with whatever settings, and then have Y be Overdrive 6505 with completely different settings. they can be completely different amps as well. no amp types are "linked" in any way even if they are different channels of the same amp.

furthermore, you can execute that XY switch with a Scene change as well. one thing to note is that Scenes themselves do NOT allow different parameter settings within a block. so you can't select the Clean channel in Scene 1 and then select the Overdrive channel in Scene 2 using Scenes alone. but as i just mentioned, the Scene can change the XY state, so you COULD say that the Scene is changing the channel, but it's really the XY capability doing the actual changing.

and of course, using different presets, you could have different Amp settings as well.

all this will become much clearer with the product in front of you. in the mean time you should watch this video that details the progression of Presets to XY to Scenes and integrating everything together. it's for the Axe-Fx II, but the concepts should be the same.

http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/10/p...e-axe-fx-ii-in-depth-1-hour-premium-tutorial/

Back
Top Bottom