TWO AXE FX II's into SCARLETT 18i20 DIGITALLY???

@actionjackson12 It has a single pair of spdif in/out and no AES so the answer is "no", unless you ran one axefx into the other and panned them left and right to the outs but that seems like a lot of work.

What are you trying to achieve?

Thats what I was thinking the only solution would be. Im trying to get signal from both axe-fx's into the unit digitally so the output1 and output2 knobs dont' affect the signal going to the scarlett. We run IEM and I want the mixes to stay as we have them but say a sound guy wants less/more volume from either axe and we adjust the output vol...that will affect the signal in our ears. Yes I can manually adjust when this happens, just wanted the convenience of not having to...

So the output from the Scarlett would go to the soundman? Are you on a Mac or PC?

Last edited:
ya, thats what we've been doing but am now wanting to go DI from axe-fx instead so I get a TRUE sound not colored by the Scarlett pre-amps (its prob not noticeable bc the scarlett pre-amps are very transparent but...i have that OCD about it, its that interface INTO another interface). Im on a MAC

Can you make an aggregate device with the 2 usb outs from the Axe FXs and send that through your interface? I haven't tried it so i don't know. That sounds a little complicated too.

hmmm, thats interesting. I would need a USB hub to do that though bc we run Abelton and I need the Scarlett hooked up to the mac via USB. Might be possible but could cause complications in Abelton, idk.

Yes you would definitely have to test it out. The aggregate device would be the interface so that part would be simple but I'm not sure how well they would all work together as one device. It sounds like it should work but that isn't always the case.

Back
Top Bottom