Two-Amp Setup

Use the "Mixer" block after the Amps (in parallel)...you can then adjust the levels of each amp output and where they sit in the stereo field! I have a Fender Deluxe and 50 watt Marshall Plexi (jumped) in parallel setup like this. One channel, w/both amps Clean, one w/the Deluxe Clean/Marshall opened up, one w/both opened up, and one w/the clean amps and a Bender fuzz. One of the best presets I've built.

Does anybody just run 2 amps in parallel and leave both amps in mono ? Any tips on doing it like that I want to keep it a mono signal and use stereo effects

With the most recent FW19, dual amp presets are more usable than ever. I ran a Matchless DC30/5F8 Tweed combo this morning and it was REALLY, REALLY good!

My main preset is dual amps. Hbe and IIC++. On their own they sound great. Together.... so good, I can’t live without. One is a darker tone than the other but they just work together perfectly. I’m not a axe fx 3 pro but I found my dream tone and it’s dual amp all the way. Ymmv
Coould you maybe share your preset ?
I had no luck with dual amps yet.
I´ve got always some weird frequencies when using dual amps in high gain.
Would love to see how others dial this in, thanks :)

Coould you maybe share your preset ?
I had no luck with dual amps yet.
I´ve got always some weird frequencies when using dual amps in high gain.
Would love to see how others dial this in, thanks :)
Hi Thomas, I've tweaked this preset a lot since 2020 when I posted that! I was trying to get something that sounds good but has a better chance of cutting through a mix as well. I can share it later today.

Yek recently shared a really nice dual amp preset over here in this post. He uses a delay block to offset the one amp by 10ms, which probably helps with the phasing issues as well as gives it a great sound.

Here’s my dual amp preset with the IIC++ and HBE models. Scene breakdown listed below. Some scenes are using single amps as it helps me to listen to what they sound like on their own before combined into a stereo blend. Perhaps this isn't practical for live use but through studio monitors it really pops out and inspires me, and that's all I care about. ;)

Scene 1 - IIC++
Scene 2- HBE
Scene 3 - IIC++ left, HBE right
Scene 4 - IIC++ left, HBE right - with some delay, reverb and a Pitch block I found somewhere in these forums that provides more stereo separation - similar to the Mimiq pedal. You can also disable the Pitch block and engage the Enhance block instead for a different feel.

Scene 5- IIC++ (with slightly reduced gain)
Scene 6 - HBE (with slightly reduced gain)
Scene 7 - IIC++ left, HBE right (with slightly reduced gain)
Scene 8 - IIC++ left, HBE right (with slightly reduced gain + reverb & pitch_

Keep in mind I used Scene Controllers to control the gain reduction between Scenes 1-4 & 5-8 as it provides a gapless transition when switching.

I use an IR I found in the forums a while back called ‘LeonTodd V30-GB Mix NA’, including it as well. Thanks to @2112 of course… I use this as my IR for most high gain tones as it works well for what I'm looking for.

Let me know what you think.

Oh - Keep in mind I exported these on FW 19.00

Attachments

• Rek.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
  • U1.0045_LeonTodd V30-GB Mix NA.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Here’s my dual amp preset with the IIC++ and HBE models. Scene breakdown listed below. Some scenes are using single amps as it helps me to listen to what they sound like on their own before combined into a stereo blend. Perhaps this isn't practical for live use but through studio monitors it really pops out and inspires me, and that's all I care about. ;)

Scene 1 - IIC++
Scene 2- HBE
Scene 3 - IIC++ left, HBE right
Scene 4 - IIC++ left, HBE right - with some delay, reverb and a Pitch block I found somewhere in these forums that provides more stereo separation - similar to the Mimiq pedal. You can also disable the Pitch block and engage the Enhance block instead for a different feel.

Scene 5- IIC++ (with slightly reduced gain)
Scene 6 - HBE (with slightly reduced gain)
Scene 7 - IIC++ left, HBE right (with slightly reduced gain)
Scene 8 - IIC++ left, HBE right (with slightly reduced gain + reverb & pitch_

Keep in mind I used Scene Controllers to control the gain reduction between Scenes 1-4 & 5-8 as it provides a gapless transition when switching.

I use an IR I found in the forums a while back called ‘LeonTodd V30-GB Mix NA’, including it as well. Thanks to @2112 of course… I use this as my IR for most high gain tones as it works well for what I'm looking for.

Let me know what you think.

Oh - Keep in mind I exported these on FW 19.00
Great preset!!! Love the blend...

Back
Top Bottom