Two Amp Blocks In a Patch

Satch4u3

Experienced
I read somewhere with the Axe-Fx II, it was a situation where the amp blocks ran at half the resolution when using two amp blocks in a patch. Is that the case with the III? I could hear it slightly with the II and I THINK I hear it with the III. Or is it just my ears playing trick on me??

I read somewhere with the Axe-Fx II, it was a situation where the amp blocks ran at half the resolution when using two amp blocks in a patch. Is that the case with the III? I could hear it slightly with the II and I THINK I hear it with the III. Or is it just my ears playing trick on me??
This does not happen in the Axe FX III. Amp blocks are always at full resolution when running two amp blocks on the III.

Is there a way to instance 2 amp blocks and switch between them using a switch in pedal 1. I tried using the pedal 1 to control amp1 and amp2 bypass. I saved the scene with amp1 enabled and amp2 disabled. I would assume the behavior of pressing the switch would be to change the state of the enabled (amp1) to disabled while simultaneously changing the disabled amp (amp2) to enabled. That is not the behavior I am seeing, when I use the pedal both turn on and off at the same time, which is useless. Anyone have any ideas?

Is there a way to instance 2 amp blocks and switch between them using a switch in pedal 1. I tried using the pedal 1 to control amp1 and amp2 bypass. I saved the scene with amp1 enabled and amp2 disabled. I would assume the behavior of pressing the switch would be to change the state of the enabled (amp1) to disabled while simultaneously changing the disabled amp (amp2) to enabled. That is not the behavior I am seeing, when I use the pedal both turn on and off at the same time, which is useless. Anyone have any ideas?
Yes.

Attach the controller to BYPASS on the AMP block. Set the Source to Pedal 1. On the AMP 1 block set the modifier Min value to OFF and Max to ON. On the AMP 2 block set the modifier Min value to ON and the Max OFF. Now one switch will toggle the bypass state on both block, but in opposition to each other.

Use the Multiplexer block. It's specifically designed for this.

Use the Multiplexer block. It's specifically designed for this.

Here is an example I posted in a different thread based on an idea yek had. In this case, I'm switching channels via Axe-Edit. But the idea would be, just assign a switch/pedal to do the channel changing on the Multiplexer block:

Here is an example I posted in a different thread based on an idea yek had. In this case, I'm switching channels via Axe-Edit. But the idea would be, just assign a switch/pedal to do the channel changing on the Multiplexer block:

That makes sense, I just dont know how to configure it to choose row1 when the pedal is off and then row2 when the pedal is on.

Change channels either directly or using Scenes.
Not sure I follow you. What I would like to do is to use a FS7 footswitch connected to pedal1 input that will toggle between 2 amps. Are you saying I can only control the multiplexor using scenes of directly? If so then will use iaresse's method using bypass.

Are you saying I can only control the multiplexor using scenes of directly? If so then will use iaresse's method using bypass.
set the block in Channel A for your first amp/input/row select. set the block in Channel D for your second amp/input/row select. press the FS7 switch to change between those 2 channels.

it's exactly the same way you'd change settings for any block, using Channels - either directly like i just typed, or using Scenes to change Channels, if you prefer.

Not sure I follow you. What I would like to do is to use a FS7 footswitch connected to pedal1 input that will toggle between 2 amps. Are you saying I can only control the multiplexor using scenes of directly? If so then will use iaresse's method using bypass.
Setup > MIDI/Remote

Page over to the Channel page

Scroll down until you find Multiplexer 1

Rotate dial until it says Pedal 1 -- that should allow you to toggle between two channels on the Multiplexer 1 block with an FS7 connected to Pedal 1.

That makes sense, I just dont know how to configure it to choose row1 when the pedal is off and then row2 when the pedal is on.

Very simple. Right Click 'Input Select' of the Multiplexer block and add a modifier to it. Set Min to one row, Max to the other row. Moving the pedal back and forth toggles between ROW 2 and ROW 4 in this example.

Edit: But as others posted also, can do something similar by switching the channels also directly.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 9.37.50 PM.png

Very simple. Right Click 'Input Select' of the Multiplexer block and add a modifier to it. Set Min to one row, Max to the other row. Moving the pedal back and forth toggles between ROW 2 and ROW 4 in this example.

Edit: But as others posted also, can do something similar by switching the channels also directly.

View attachment 46794
this means you have Pedal 1 set as External Controller, rather than our suggestions of assigning the MUX block to the Pedal directly.

Setup > MIDI/Remote

Page over to the Channel page

Scroll down until you find Multiplexer 1

Rotate dial until it says Pedal 1 -- that should allow you to toggle between two channels on the Multiplexer 1 block with an FS7 connected to Pedal 1.
Got it sorted out. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom