Two Amp Blocks Gives Signal Bleed

CactusTone

Inspired
Hello Fractal Forum!

Just got my XL+ about 10 days ago and for the last 3 days I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my attempts at making presets with two amp blocks. The problem is that I'm getting dry signal bleed from somewhere, even though I'm only running one amp block at a time. If I remove the 2nd amp block the issue goes away.

My signal chain is: Guitar-> AXE Input 1->VHT 2/50/2->Mesa 1x12. I have Power Amp Simulation and Cab Simulations turned off globally.

I'm trying to utilize this type of preset so I can use Scenes with both Distorted and Clean amps that switch without a signal dropout (unlike a preset change, where there's a noticeable signal drop). I am not trying to run two amp blocks simultaneously.

I'm sure there's something really basic that I'm missing.

as @unix-guy posted in the amp page there is a bypass mode selection, if it is set at thru you will get dry signal thru the block while it is bypassed. set this for mute on both of the amp blocks and this should take care of the bleed.

Thanks unix-guy and paranoid! I'm sure that'll do it. As a side note, should all blocks, amp or otherwise be set to Mute In to avoid dry signal bleed, or is that something that only becomes audible with amp blocks?

it really depends on what you are trying to achieve, that is why there are options. mute in is good for delay effects if you want tails. if changing from a crazy sound to a clean part you may not want tails. if you have several effects in a row you will still want the dry signal to pass when the effect is off, thus the thru setting.

Had a way better experience at my gig tonight because of the help I received here! The wondering is over, I officially dig the XL+. I am amazed by how good this thing can sound, and I feel like I'm still scratching the surface. Tonight was 3 sets of 80s covers, tomorrow night is 3 sets of 90s covers. Gotta dial in some Recto tones. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom