Twin Reverb Patch

The Cab is also a Jay Mitchell: the bright eminence legend I got it from AxeChange (Thanks again!). Really great IR!

I don't know if the Eminence IR is the same that Jay posted ages ago, but if it's the same, yep, it's great. Before Redwirez came on the scene, Jay's Legend IR was basically the only one I was using.

I'll check out your patch later Jens. I'm curious to hear what you came up with. You're still using my Bassman preset live nowadays or is your Twin patch now your main live sound?

@Deltones

My patches are to some degree always changing and I try out a lot of especially amps and cabs, even though I do sort of dial in the same tone most of the time (If that make sense.. :lol ).

I have a whole setup based on your bassman patch that I do use from time to time, to some degree it has become one of the patches I compare the other ones to. I had to dig it up after I saw the video's from Leiden because they sounded really good and I had actually stopped using it.

The twin patch has done a few gigs by now and is probably staying, I have a few things I want to try working with but I need to read up on it and experiment a bit. And actually the stuff I do with the twin might also yield some interesting results with the bassman. hm....;)

Right now a part of having the axe is that I don't have to have a main patch for stuff I can choose what I want and have a few options open all the time :)

Jens

Thanks guys! It was actually a relief to not hear the axe thorugh the mackie. The highs sound so much better on the recording than live where there's almost no crispness in the tone. Here it's almost too much. I guess I need to go get a better monitor :)

@AlGrenadine As I said in the OP: You can download the Cab from AxeChange. Jay's Ir's are IMO the best far-fields available, I use them in 95% of
my patches.

Jens

I still haven't utilized Axe Change. How do I get there? I thought I saw something about using the editor but now I forget. Great sound BTW!

Thanks!

It's in the preset manager: on the right click the tab AxeChange and then source to login then you can download cabs.

Yek told me it was down at the moment, I did not check.

Jens

No worries. I have all the IR's I need at the moment. Including Jay's Eminence IR from when it was available.

My comment was meant as a confirmation that the database was down.

:)

With the Axechange being down and no idea when it will ever be up again, can anyone email me or post Jay's IRs? Or is there any place that I am missing where we can find copies of the many IRs that have been posted here? Thanks

Since this thread just got revived I thought I might update my patch. My fender patches are always works in progress so here's the latest version:

Since I play jazz the patch it probably a bit dark sounding to most people, I roll the tone back on my guitar on the recording.

I'm using the Jay Mitchell Eminence off-axis cab. The other one was with the bright version.

Delay reverb are updated a bit and still tied to the expression pedal.

Jens

Attachments

• TwinTD 08-12-11.syx
    2 KB · Views: 61
Thanks Jens, much appreciated. This IR was it one of the ones Jay posted on the axechange? I have been looking for a lot of the stuff that was lost during the migration of the forums and if anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for posting this Jens.

Back
Top Bottom