Twin Reverb Patch

Jens

Power User
This is my latest attempt to dial in a tone that sounds/reacts/feels like my actual twin reverb.
I've basicly ripped off/learned a lot of stuff from the Jay Mitchell vibroverb patch (Thanks! :) ). Especially with the hi/lo cut on the amp to make it react more like my 70's twin, so that I can use the tone-pot on the guitar in the way I do on my other amps.

The Cab is also a Jay Mitchell: the bright eminence legend I got it from AxeChange (Thanks again!). Really great IR!

The delay/reverb is tied to an expression pedal.

I'll test it on a gig tomorrow.

Any feedback is welcome!

Jens

Edit 21/12: Here's a recording of the updated version:

Here's the patch:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-preset-exchange/36161-twin-reverb-patch-4.html#post589419

Attachments

• Twin 10-05-11.syx
    2 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
I recorded a sample of how it sounds with my guitar. I used a bit less reverb/delay than normal. It's about the amp sound after all :)

The recording is in mono because I only had one cable.

Jens

I recorded a sample of how it sounds with my guitar. I used a bit less reverb/delay than normal. It's about the amp sound after all
This is lovely. It's a lot more about your touch and your musicality than the amp. The sound is wonderful, but you're making the preset sound good, not the other way around.

I recorded a sample of how it sounds with my guitar. I used a bit less reverb/delay than normal. It's about the amp sound after all :)

Jens

That is gorgeous playing and sounds phenomenal Jens. Bravo!

Jens

VERY nice dynamics. Best I've heard from any Axe demo here. You have golden fingers.

Thanks guys! It was actually a relief to not hear the axe thorugh the mackie. The highs sound so much better on the recording than live where there's almost no crispness in the tone. Here it's almost too much. I guess I need to go get a better monitor :)

@AlGrenadine As I said in the OP: You can download the Cab from AxeChange. Jay's Ir's are IMO the best far-fields available, I use them in 95% of
my patches.

Jens

Thanks! I played an Epiphone Sheraton with BareKnuckle "The Mule" pickups. The tone was around 5.

Jens

Wonderful sound and playing!

Do you think it's mostly because your monitor or do you also find it difficult with most other patches to translate them to an equally good live sound?

Thanks!

@claham
I really think it matters a lot what live sound you need. If you need to go over a PA then there you try to get the sound of an amp with a mike in front. Scott is really working a lot like that and has all sorts of advice for it.

I almost always supply all amplification of my sound so I need to make what I have sound like an amp which is why I use far-field IR's. My monitor should sound like an amp. It does, but as I am playing a mackie SRM-350, which is quite cheap it has limitations and I was surprised how much better the recording sounded. If you want to hear how I sound live there are some YouTube on the link below. Everything from this year is with the AxeFX.

I think it is difficult to dial in, I've learned a lot working on it and it has given me a lot of knowledge and opened my ears, but I also feel like I am getting there sound wise. I play a lot of gigs in a lot of different rooms and both me and the people I play with think it sounds good and is clear. But I also enjoy searching for it and figuring out how to improve or change my sound.
I never had to know so much about tube amps before I got this modeller :lol But knowing that pays off and it's a work in progress! :)

Jens

Last edited:
Wonderful sound and playing!

Do you think it's mostly because your monitor or do you also find it difficult with most other patches to translate them to an equally good live sound?

I saw Jens playing live. He has a great tone.

Thanks for answers!
I listened to your live videos and it seemed like you had a good live sound. Not to muddy, not to bright, like your guitar's tone shine through.

Interresting with far-field IRs. Well when I finally get my unit I will probably not afford my own amplification for sometime and have to go through our PA. But anyway it will be exciting to try to get the sounds I allways wnated, even unknown, me to without deep knowledge of tube amps.

Drop me a pm if you play in Göteborg!

I did not know you did not have an axe yet. I think It'll take a bit of getting used to playing through a PA but on the other hand it is very nice not to carry stuff :)
I expect the AxeFX II to be easier to dial in than my Ultra. Especially since firmware 11 seems to be a big improvement, either way it's fun to mess around with and
explore.

Jens

Back
Top Bottom