Twin issue?

I have to raise the output up to get to the volume I need and I overload the meters.
that means your Output Volume on the front panel to the next device isn't loud enough. you're trying to get louder internally, but there's not enough digital room. this is not unique to clean sounds. turn up your Axe physical knob Output Level and balance your presets/sounds to the VU meter in the Axe.

Don't be afraid to lower input trim way down if you want clean headroom. I had a BF Twin that would blow my head off at 5 and it would be distorting some at that level, too. Sounded glorious, but just too loud.

Does it use the AB763 circuit?

Yesss....
from the wiki: "The "Double Verb NRM/VIB" models are based on a '66 blackface Fender Twin Reverb, tuned by Andy Fuchs, AB763 circuit, 6L6 tubes, low and high inputs, 85 watts, Normal and Vibrato channels. The “Double Verb SF” model is based on the Vibrato channel of a 1971 100 watts “Silverface” Fender Twin Reverb."

A Dual Showman with the AB763 circuit has one less gain stage than a Twin Reverb so it will have less gain. There are two gain stages. The Vibrato channel of an AB763 Twin Reverb has three gain stages. An AA769 Dual Showman Reverb on the Vibrato channel will have similar gain as it has three gain stages.

The circuit number, i.e. AB763, does not mean that the circuits are identical. It refers to the circa of the design. An AB763 Dual Showman is not the same circuit as an AB763 Twin Reverb.

After CBS bought Fender the designs changed even when the circuit number was the same. The part suppliers were changed, the circuits were changed to reduce distortion, etc. Quality control was poor. A '74 Dual Showman has about as much in common with a Blackface Twin Reverb as a Maserati has in common with a Hyundai.

After CBS bought Fender the designs changed even when the circuit number was the same. The part suppliers were changed, the circuits were changed to reduce distortion, etc. Quality control was poor. A '74 Dual Showman has about as much in common with a Blackface Twin Reverb as a Maserati has in common with a Hyundai.
That's why I travel in a Fractal rocket heheh!

Cliff explained once on here about perceived distortion from a loud amp in the room vs a recording the same amp. Basically the amp sounds less distorted to the ear in the room because of volume or something like that.

I just tried the factory preset Double Verb. It uses the Double Verb Vib model.

Amp block Input is a hair over 5.

Sparkly clean with my Strat. Middle pickup. Kinman noiseless pickups with a medium wind.

This topic comes up every few months. It is not easy to get a clean twin sound out of the blackface. The silverface and the bandmaster are better at cleans.

Would be nice to get a really good fender clean. Dual showman, musicman hybrid, drz EZG etc.

This topic comes up every few months. It is not easy to get a clean twin sound out of the blackface. The silverface and the bandmaster are better at cleans.

Would be nice to get a really good fender clean. Dual showman, musicman hybrid, drz EZG etc.

The key for me is to use a Strat.

Here is factory preset 4, Double Verb Vib model.

Input Drive is a little over 5. Master on 10.

It only overdrives when I really dig in.

Back
Top Bottom