Twelve Foot Ninja

bvaughn0402

Inspired
Really been enjoying this group lately.

Was fascinated that they use all Line6 stuff, but makes sense to be able to change sounds so much.

But, saw this interview:

"Have you considered switching to a Kemper or a Fractal or are you sticking with Line6?

I have just signed an endorsement with Fractal Audio and will soon use the Axe FX II live with quite a unique custom CXGA7 Cilia 7 String. I’ve been recording demos for the next album with this gear on the tour bus and I can tell you with confidence it sounds massive."

Twelve Foot Ninja Rig Interview: Riffing in an Ampless World | GearGods

Anyone else heard this? Or know any updates?

Thanks,
Brandon

Awesome band... not sure how he will pull off the same stuff live as he does with the line6 stuff... there is a video of him showing how he uses the pod and the variax to change tunings / guitars / sounds like 4 times within one song. Live I don't think he'll be able to do it.

I heard Twelve Foot Ninja on the radio and I almost crashed my car because I was just absorbed in trying to process wtf was happening in the music. They go from metal to ska to disco in a single song. I've only heard that 1 song from them.

I heard Twelve Foot Ninja on the radio and I almost crashed my car because I was just absorbed in trying to process wtf was happening in the music. They go from metal to ska to disco in a single song. I've only heard that 1 song from them.

Get the cd, well worth it... lots of great vocal harmonies, and some songs swing genera's and splits up the pummeling you receive from their heavy stuff. refreshing.

Get the cd, well worth it... lots of great vocal harmonies, and some songs swing genera's and splits up the pummeling you receive from their heavy stuff. refreshing.

I youtubed them. Yeah, I like that a lot. As it turns out, they're going to be in Minneapolis next wednesday. Trying to get a buddy to head down there and check it out.

Tried to watch a few things on Youtube. Monotonous, templated garbage IMO.

Steve is a really good buddy of mine. I remember when i first got my Ultra (the first to hit Aussie shores), I took it over to Steve's house but at the time he was working as a clinician for Line6 so he was pretty much otherwise committed. I'm glad he's finally 'seen the light'! 12FN are a pretty awesome band, and Steve is an absolute virtuoso with an awesome mind for production. He produces all their stuff as far as i know and quite possibly the funniest guy you'll ever come across.

I don't think we are listening to the same band.

All songs are basically the same. Genre mixing is like a joke: it's great when it's done once or twice, but when it's in every song, it gets old very quickly.

Really been enjoying this group lately.

Was fascinated that they use all Line6 stuff, but makes sense to be able to change sounds so much.

But, saw this interview:

"Have you considered switching to a Kemper or a Fractal or are you sticking with Line6?

I have just signed an endorsement with Fractal Audio and will soon use the Axe FX II live with quite a unique custom CXGA7 Cilia 7 String. I’ve been recording demos for the next album with this gear on the tour bus and I can tell you with confidence it sounds massive."

Twelve Foot Ninja Rig Interview: Riffing in an Ampless World | GearGods

Anyone else heard this? Or know any updates?

Thanks,
Brandon
I didn't dig them really at first few listenings but decided to give them a chance. They sounded better than the other new bands anyhow so I took their CD to listen to in my car while driving to work. Now I can't stop spinnig "Silent Machine" over and over and even singing along to the refrains...

They remind strongly on Faith No More. I've also read somewhere in a review "like a 21. century FNM". I personaly mean this as a compliment, they are very creative and melodic in their own way. Each song is interesting, never boring and there are a lot of surprises there even after 20. listening. I'm so glad about this discovery.

All songs are basically the same. Genre mixing is like a joke: it's great when it's done once or twice, but when it's in every song, it gets old very quickly.

I love it.

The beginning of 'coming for you' makes me want to punch someone in the face. That is the best compliment I give.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I've heard the name before, never gave them a listen. I get what plexi59 is saying, I think. The voices are strong, musicianship is top drawer, the material is really good. I think the mixing of genre can be gimmicky to some ears, it doesn't always work for me. When they keep the mix down to one or two "types" of music I think it works great.

Back
Top Bottom