Tweed deluxe jam

As owner of the Tweed Deluxe the Axe model was made from, I'm proud to be one link in the chain that lead to that tone and piece. Very nice sound and playing.

Kind of reminded me a little bit of something Duke Levine might have done. He's not a very known guy, but he's been Mary Chapin Carpenter's guitar player for 20 plus years and has several GREAT instrumental CD's that are well worth seeking out. Country to R & B to blues to ethereal (Eric Johnsonish) to ??? I find most guitar instrumental CDs pretty boring in a hurry, but Duke's are great. Great tunes, great playing, awesome band and really nice balance between composition and playing. Duke's brother Buzzy owns Lark Street music, so he's had access to awesome instruments and amps and learned what to do with them young. Duke is also a producer of tons of songwriter music coming out of New England and plays guitar for the guy who often does soundtracks for John Sayles movies.

Anyhow, really nice job and, if you haven't heard Duke, you might like to based on what I'm hearing here.

thanks lads. The amp makes one want to play this way, i played on after this for about an hour lol

@kidsfeet .Mate im going to try and tone match it(so i dont need the pedals for a gig) as i have used to external pedals. and u can have the patch mate :)

@MikeyB59 Thanks for putting me onto a new guitarist il be checking him out, cheers.

@Hubi yeh a lil too much post reverb just wanted to have that room feel in the track e,g, live

thanks for your kinds words all.

As owner of the Tweed Deluxe the Axe model was made from, I'm proud to be one link in the chain that lead to that tone and piece. Very nice sound and playing.

Kind of reminded me a little bit of something Duke Levine might have done. He's not a very known guy, but he's been Mary Chapin Carpenter's guitar player for 20 plus years and has several GREAT instrumental CD's that are well worth seeking out. Country to R & B to blues to ethereal (Eric Johnsonish) to ??? I find most guitar instrumental CDs pretty boring in a hurry, but Duke's are great. Great tunes, great playing, awesome band and really nice balance between composition and playing. Duke's brother Buzzy owns Lark Street music, so he's had access to awesome instruments and amps and learned what to do with them young. Duke is also a producer of tons of songwriter music coming out of New England and plays guitar for the guy who often does soundtracks for John Sayles movies.

Anyhow, really nice job and, if you haven't heard Duke, you might like to based on what I'm hearing here.

Mikey -

You said it regarding Duke Levine. I would have never heard of him except for mucking with Pandora in the early days. Ran out of the shower one day to find out WHO that guy was! I have since bought everything I could find from him on Amazon and iTunes. My very favorite is 'Low Lonesome'. His B-3/keyboard player is right there in the notch with him! Awesome player.

Mikey -

You said it regarding Duke Levine. I would have never heard of him except for mucking with Pandora in the early days. Ran out of the shower one day to find out WHO that guy was! I have since bought everything I could find from him on Amazon and iTunes. My very favorite is 'Low Lonesome'. His B-3/keyboard player is right there in the notch with him! Awesome player.

Floating even further off-topic (and yeah Kam that was damn fine work!). Duke Levine's "I Think It's Going To Work Out Fine" was looped for probably a billion or so minutes for AT&T teleconference hold audiences around the world for all of 2012. I have sworn to trusted conspirators that one day there will be a live band for the company Christmas party and I will jump onstage and do that tune, just to see the looks on their faces when they realize that I've tapped into the express lane of their subconscience.

Back
Top Bottom