Tweaking Tips for direct to FOH

Beyond

Hey all...just wondering if you have any tweaking tips for patches direct to FOH....or is it just shear volume you tweak at.

As mentioned new to modeling. My maiden voyage for the new to me ultra went....Meh at best. My stage sound was good parallel out 2 no cab and with separate eq into 2 chnl triple recto return with 4x12 cab. But foh sound had no lows or balls. I mixed at home in studio DI into board with chnl strip up the center...using HHB studio monitors. I thought I mixed loud enough but possibly not...it is a small room 12x14.

So any tips guys...I really want to be going directly to board and not mic the real cab. I think the ultra can do it not just the axe 2....thanks

for your direct signal, you need to match the Cab IR to whatever you are using (a recto 4x12) cab. The FOH sound having no "balls" is probably because its not a 4x12 screaming at your legs and resonating through the stage. The power section of the triple rec will also color the tone a bit on the darker side in my experience.

I did match the cab ir to the recto cab. Not trying to match sound on stage (that's just for reference) trying to get just a solid tone out front. Even if the ir changes it should be mixed with the patch. Thank for the help...trying to mix old school to new..lol.

Back
Top Bottom